Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Alright lets do some basic math... Now I'm guessing you are taking about the people who bought more then one copy of the game, if I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

so some people are calling for 1000 C-store points per box, and lets say we have 50000 people.
x $ 12.50 ( cost of the 1000 points )
--------------------------
$625000 of potential sales that would lose

or lets sat 10000 people, that would still be $125000 would be lost.

as you can see they would lose a lot of potential sales from doing that.

that is just one box each, it does not take in account two, three or more boxes.

now if I was wrong about boxes, and you are talking about COLTS, well then give me how much you would like cryptic to give them, and how many COLTS you think there are total. ( guesstimate )

but I'm soon to gone due to diner plans.
I think people mean 1000 CP per box AFTER the initial box. As in your second, thrid, fourth etc get 1000 CP. I only bought one box, so I shouldn't get that 1000 CP. If it were just 1000 CP per box for everyone then yes, that is a lot of lost revenue. However, if its per every other box after initial, its a much smaller loss. And at the same time giving out probably a couple thousand C-Store Points isn't bad because there is about $135 worth of stuff on the C-Store. People would always buy more, especially if more gets added. They would essentially take a small loss (if its a loss at all, considering some may never buy on the C-Store cuz of the change in policy) to secure a larger influx of Cash.

If it were up to me, I would give

A) 1000 CP per EXTRA box

B) 1000 CP for the DDE buyers.

C) 3000 CP per CE buyers.

Will they follow mine? No. Will I get flamed for making this statement of my beliefs? Most definitely.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I think people mean 1000 CP per box AFTER the initial box. As in your second, thrid, fourth etc get 1000 CP. I only bought one box, so I shouldn't get that 1000 CP. If it were just 1000 CP per box for everyone then yes, that is a lot of lost revenue. However, if its per every other box after initial, its a much smaller loss. And at the same time giving out probably a couple thousand C-Store Points isn't bad because there is about $135 worth of stuff on the C-Store. People would always buy more, especially if more gets added. They would essentially take a small loss (if its a loss at all, considering some may never buy on the C-Store cuz of the change in policy) to secure a larger influx of Cash.

A) 1000 CP per EXTRA box

Will they follow mine? No. Will I get flamed for making this statement of my beliefs? Most definitely.
You certainly won't get flamed by me. I think it's a pretty good idea. And it makes things more fair.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
You certainly won't get flamed by me. I think it's a pretty good idea. And it makes things more fair.
Thank you. The only thing I'm unsure of is since some people bought multiple copies of the game, their multiple copies may be DDE or CE, so should they get the bonus CP for the multiple copies AND the Special Editions? Or one or the other?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Thank you. The only thing I'm unsure of is since some people bought multiple copies of the game, their multiple copies may be DDE or CE, so should they get the bonus CP for the multiple copies AND the Special Editions? Or one or the other?
Seeing as how I'm one of them (both DDE and CE) it wouldn't matter to me either way. Just the olive branch of offering SOMETHING goes a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Seeing as how I'm one of them (both DDE and CE) it wouldn't matter to me either way. Just the olive branch of offering SOMETHING goes a long way.
I know what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:

A) 1000 CP per EXTRA box

Sir, you have my phaser (in support of this idea).
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitianFan View Post
And my axe!

Whoops. Wrong franchise.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-04-2010, 09:22 AM
I still have no idea what the original complaint is about.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitianFan View Post
You may have my Bat'leth, and I shall may my POINT with it, if you get my meaning,

Hahaah