Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I was playing a random exploration mission in the Hromi Cluster. As I attacked a group of Klingons, they began to disappear-- literally disappear. They did not die; they simply disappeared. They still registered on the radar.

I attempted to ameliorate the problem through beaming out and then beaming in again. This time, I found myself in a shallow pool of water, located perhaps 10 metres BELOW where ground level should be. The buildings of the settlement on the planet were hovering in midair above me.

The Klingons were also hovering in midair above me.

As I moved about the pool of water, the buildings began to flicker in and out of existence. Individual buildings would disappear, then reappear again.

Screenshots are available:

http://j.twu.net/buggymission.png
http://j.twu.net/floatingklingons.png

I am a programmer myself. I would very much like to work with your team to report bugs. If you could provide me with a debug build of the game client, I could provide debug dumps when this sort of thing happens. Without it, all I can provide is screenshots.

Alternatively, if you could put me in touch with one of your admins in-game, I could summon them to my location when I spot a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Hello, and welcome to the Star Trek Online forums!

Unfortunately, this is a well-known issue. NPC's in particular falling through the ground in exploration missions is a common occurrence and has been since the game was launched back in February.

Btw, when something like this happens you should use the in-game bug report feature. When you send the report it also takes a screenshot that is sent with the report, and a lot of other information. Like your exact location, chat logs, etc.

If you're interested, you can take a look at the list of known bugs in this thread here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-06-2010, 02:28 AM
I am confused; are you talking about the bug report feature accessed via the /killme command? I heard there were some problems with that. They were fixed, right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieleah View Post
I am confused; are you talking about the bug report feature accessed via the /killme command? I heard there were some problems with that. They were fixed, right?
Yes, there are problems with that command. No, I don't know if they've been fixed since I never use that command.

And no, that isn't what I was talking about.

If you click on the down arrow attached to your mini-map, it gives you several other options. One of those options allows you to send a bug report. Note that Cryptic doesn't respond to these reports, except with an automated message, but those reports do go into their "bug queue." At least in theory...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you. That clears things up.