Lt. Commander
# 21
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEV
Out of interest, is there a reason for the cool down? 30 Minutes on top of it??
I never really understood CD's on long distance travel abilites, I'm guessing server resources and if that isn't it then they just want us to take the long road. In WoW, the hearth stone was how we traveled back a long distance to a hub and it had an hour CD on it for the longest time before they lowered it to 30 min.

This game is different, transwarp is not a hearthstone and we should be able to go to all major hubs, respective to our faction. I just didn't list any for the KDF because I don't know any. I only played the Fed side so far.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
i remember a dev commenting on the transwarp ability. someone asked him if they were gonna expand where you could transwarp to etc and he said something along the lines of:

"we dont want to expand where you can transwarp to because thats not the point of it. we dont want to make the game so conveniant that you'll find next to noone flying around sector space. this would make it less of an multiplayer experience" (not word for word)

basically they dont want to expand its use more then an occasional transport back from romulan space. they think it ruins the experience of travelling fom one space to another and makes the areas you can go feel even smaller.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
i remember a dev commenting on the transwarp ability. someone asked him if they were gonna expand where you could transwarp to etc and he said something along the lines of:

"we dont want to expand where you can transwarp to because thats not the point of it. we dont want to make the game so conveniant that you'll find next to noone flying around sector space. this would make it less of an multiplayer experience" (not word for word)

basically they dont want to expand its use more then an occasional transport back from romulan space. they think it ruins the experience of travelling fom one space to another and makes the areas you can go feel even smaller.
Well, if the devs continue with this narrow thinking, this would be unfortounate to say the least. Sector space in it's current form is just too many load screens and forcing us to use sector space all the time with no alternative is a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
I thought Transwarp had a 30 minute CD already. Also, the CD should continue to tick down when off line. I noticed that it's paused when you go off line.
OR when your at spacedock or on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:

I did hear of "slip stream" technology somewhere in these forums relating to season 2. If these forums werent so vast, I could find the link. But ti was there, and by a Dev.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:

Too bad that sector space completely sucks as a means of encouraging player interaction. And completely fails to be interesting 'overworld' travel.