Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi.

I wanted to try pvp at first as fed player at level 9 or 10 the starting tier, but when i did it (in march i think) was 2 against 5, and it fellt a, so just tried my best and lost interest in playing, this is before season, i tried the same thing after 1.2 as a fed at the same level. same as before out numbered again, i tried for 3rd time a a week or two ago, same again, so i just took my shield off the ship and made it quikcer for klingons to blow me up.

There is a lot more for Fed players to do than fighting against impossible odds.

a month ago i tried as a klingon and it takes too long to get a match, so this time i'm outbnumbering the fed players in a caputer and hold space, it was 9K v 3F really no contest for the klingons, and not much fun for either side really.

So my suggestion is that extra players wait on the side lines behind the gates.
example at the start there is one from each faction, both are alllowed through the gate and enter the arena
in the next 25 seconds one more klingon ship arrives, 5 seconsa after another klingon ship arriives.

the two new arrivals would be stuck behind a gate

• Until there were two more fed players

• AND/ OR the first klingon ship is destoyed , this would release the 2nd arrival to the map, and que the 3rd arrival as the next ship to enter.

the fed player would just respawn as normal until joind by one or more fed, then the same rulse would apply

so if it was 4 fed v 2 klingons then two fed ships would behind the gate. almost tag team style

one more thing that would be useful on both sides is you can always see same faction ships on the map whereever they are!

feed back on revamp of the gate welcome
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2010, 12:56 PM
The ques have been constantly mis-queing player numbers for as long as I can remember.
Most just shuck it to bad luck when it happens and try to make the best of it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
PvPing as a Lt fed is a brave thing to do. Since the BoP can out gun you, out run you, out heal you, oh and out maneuver you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
most end game groups will start doing 1v1s or 2v2s when that sort of thing happens, they just goof off until the match is over, and it gives everyone a fair chance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram0207 View Post
most end game groups will start doing 1v1s or 2v2s when that sort of thing happens, they just goof off until the match is over, and it gives everyone a fair chance.
Aye, and for the most part all you have to do is ask. It helps not to whine about it (I'm not saying you do, just making a suggestion in case) and you have to accept that some people just won't work with you. It really is worth it to try though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS_Indomitable

one more thing that would be useful on both sides is you can always see same faction ships on the map whereever they are!

feed back on revamp of the gate welcome
LOLOLOL you CAN see same faction ships on the entire map! You just have to be on a team with them. Teaming up is the FIRST step in any arena pvp. (not as important in cap n hold) If you are not in the team you do not have the right to complain about pvp losses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
LOLOLOL you CAN see same faction ships on the entire map! You just have to be on a team with them. Teaming up is the FIRST step in any arena pvp. (not as important in cap n hold) If you are not in the team you do not have the right to complain about pvp losses.
Medical team to transporter room 3, a person with lol-syndrome aboard. Now seriously...You know, sometimes (ehm often) you enter the arena and noone else enters...the "hardcore" pvpving klingons instead waiting for the full team, ambush you and (very probably) kill off, you spawn random on the other end of the map. Now you dont know where everyone is..and the feds dont have the luxury to cloak up and wait till they are full. The feds now have very hard time to actually team up and make some coordinated effort to win. And the only thing they get at the end is "gg" from the players, who arent interested in great games in the first place.

So really, i somewhat understand players, who do not want to enter cracked planetoid for this very first reason. Cryptic is to blame, the klingons who do not wait are 2nd...Its sad, pvp feels more empty (or rather same) if alot of people dont pvp at all !
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2010, 05:39 AM
It seems to me that the queues wait until there are enough in them to populate the map appropriately (usually). The problem that creates the uneven teams is that the players don't click the button to engage right away, they are in multiple queues and a different one opened up for them first, or that damned snooze. The way it is set up, both teams should be populated at about the same time but because people have their attention elsewhere is creates a lopsided queue. I still like the idea of a short term safe zone so that you can't get ganked upon spawn simply because you didn't click fast enough (or because you chose to enter "any game" and were given the spot of someone who declined to enter). That still doesn't address the problem that I feel belongs more to the people who queued up but weren't actually ready to enter.