Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately the whole "Ask Cryptic" thing is more of a publicity stunt than it is telling us anything new.
WORD. Thats why i stopped asking when they have those ask Cryptic, they never answear the real issues we bring to them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I think the ask cryptic is more for the people who don't comb for the forums for every little detail the Devs hand out to keep them fairly up to date with us. It may have no new information for us, but for your standard non-forum-browsing player, it may be a good cache of new info.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsmoo View Post
Instead, we get "oh yes, we're adding more ships!" Yes. Thanks. We figured that out already. You listed 3 new ones so far.
Because you always make me smirk evilsmoo.... here's some answers just for you... (rhymes intentional)

Right off the bat as soon as Season 2 hits Holodeck:
  • Galaxy w/Saucer Separation
  • Intrepid with Ablative Armor
  • Defiant with Cloak
  • A Fek'ihri carrier (for the KLGs)

Also... remember that ship poll? Our goal is to make all of those ships. 2 are already in the works and will be ready shortly after Season 2 launches... we're going in order of the votes... so you'll see all those ships if we get approval.

Also... we don't want to stop there, because many of you have asked for ways to fly earlier IP ships at higher tiers. So we want to see refits of existing ships remade so that they can be played at Admiral ranks.

Also... we would be calling down the wrath of the Klingon Faction if we didn't want some Klg ships. So as many have asked, we want to see playable versions of non-Klingon species ships - (think Gorn Battlecruiser)

Also... to mix things up even more, we want to make Fed non-Starfleet ships such as Vulcan and Andorian ships.

So there is no end in sight to our schedule for ships. It just boils down to how fast we can make them, and how fast we can get our concepts approved.

If all goes well - you'll see a ton of new ships before the end of the year.

Hope that brings some joy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

Also... remember that ship poll? Our goal is to make all of those ships.
PLEASE for the game, and everything good about it. Don't make the enterprise-J it does not belong here in STO's Timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
we're not going to have to buy these through the C-store are we?

I love the ships and all the ideas you guys have for them but I can't afford to be paying 25 bucks a ship every month.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain27 View Post
we're not going to have to buy these through the C-store are we?

I love the ships and all the ideas you guys have for them but I can't afford to be paying 25 bucks a ship every month.
While the budget dept says we have to sell these... I'm looking to see if we can do hybrid pricing models for some of these so that you can purchase some with Starfleet Merit OR pay Cryptic Points for them. It involves fancy spreadsheets where your time getting the merits in game makes the bean counters look the other way.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
While the budget dept says we have to sell these... I'm looking to see if we can do hybrid pricing models for some of these so that you can purchase some with Starfleet Merit OR pay Cryptic Points for them. It involves fancy spreadsheets where your time getting the merits in game makes the bean counters look the other way.
that would not be bad as long as we can get it in game, and maybe the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
I hope you're not saying the new refits will be Cryptic Points right off the bat?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko
I hope you're not saying the new refits will be Cryptic Points right off the bat?
No. When Season 2 launches - you get a token to get one of the new refits as soon as you hit level 51 similar to how other ranks work.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
No. When Season 2 launches - you get a token to get one of the new refits as soon as you hit level 51 similar to how other ranks work.
Thank god. I was gonna have a fit!