Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Space Travel: Alternative Concept (PICS)

A concept of what the bridge could be. Voice your opinion and sign the 'petition'
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japax
If we are adding to a wish list here, and related to the quote, I would like to see two things related to bridges as well.

1. Allow a player to see the bridge prior to purchase by allowing "beam up to bridge" option in the design window/area.

2. List the appropriate ship bridge for the type of ship. For example, if the "Unity" is appropriate for the Defiant (which would show it on the wall when you enter, and is the reason the bridge you buy usually doesn't show YOUR ship), then list that so I know what I SHOULD be buying and not just picking at random.
(I know the Unity is probably not the right one for the Defiant, but it's the only one I could remember off the top of my head...)
Spot on; I agree with both of these.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Since we're in wish mode...
07-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I would like to be on my bridge when I switch out one officer for another at say my science bridge station then see that officer get up and the other one sit down at that station and start working.

Since we're in wish mode.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Honestly the over sized footprint of the bridge wouldn't even be SO bad if the ceilings weren't twice as high as they should be.

Having LCARS and consoles twice as tall as your character contributes more to the OMGHUGENORMOUSness of the bridges than the extra floorspace.

On top of that the added ceiling height isn't even necessary. The added floorspace was done to accommodate having multiple players in an area, but players don't stand on top of each other so there's no reason you need that much headroom.

If I could use the Defiant type bridges for all of my ships I would in a Heartbeat, cause they're the ONLY ones that have a reasonable size/feel to them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamyth View Post
Honestly the over sized footprint of the bridge wouldn't even be SO bad if the ceilings weren't twice as high as they should be.

Having LCARS and consoles twice as tall as your character contributes more to the OMGHUGENORMOUSness of the bridges than the extra floorspace.

On top of that the added ceiling height isn't even necessary. The added floorspace was done to accommodate having multiple players in an area, but players don't stand on top of each other so there's no reason you need that much headroom.

If I could use the Defiant type bridges for all of my ships I would in a Heartbeat, cause they're the ONLY ones that have a reasonable size/feel to them.
Couldn't have said it better.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Lt. Commander Nathan
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
The bridge was a major dissappointment when I first saw it. Here is what it needs. The bridges, along with all ship interiors, need to be to scale. There is no reason I should be aboard a little miranda class ship with decks that are 3 stories high. The bridge is also is way too big with too much open space. Each class ship should have the bridge that is meant for it as its default, with the option to change if you like. The default bridge for the constitution refit should be the constitution refit bridge from the movies. For the older models, the consoles should be updated to future tech by changing the physical buttons with the screen panels, but it should still have the proper layout. As someone else said, we need the option of seeing the bridge we are buying before we buy it. Also, I want to be able to sit in my captain's chair. I want more interaction with my bridge as well. It's boring just visiting it and not being able to do anything.