Lt. Commander
Hi all,

I'm confused with how the game is purchased.

I purchased the game online and downloaded it. I then activated a key. But there is a link in my account to download game content.

I'm not sure if this is still available but there was a way to create a key that I could give to someone for them to try STO for 5 days - a buddy pass. I assume they would get this key, they would create an account on this website. Activate the key and download the game content. They then would use if for 5 days and would be locked out until they purchased a subscription. - Is this correct?

The referral program has two parts to it. Getting someone to buy the game and then getting someone to purchase a subscription. I'm confused. You can't play the game with out a subscription, so why would it matter to buy the game and not the subscription.

What I am I missing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Buy the game = First month (30 days)

Subscription = Month-to-month cost after (Day 31+)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
The referral program has two parts to it. Getting someone to buy the game and then getting someone to purchase a subscription. I'm confused. You can't play the game with out a subscription, so why would it matter to buy the game and not the subscription.

What I am I missing?
Almost correct... The first part is to have them try the game (Referral Demo) which is free. The second part is for them to purchase the game, and start paying for a 'subscription' (with a credit card, after the 'free' 30 days of game play are used up, or immediately with a game play time card...)
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
OK - Thanks

That clears it up.