Lt. Commander
# 51
05-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
Yes. This is the way STO allows "Children" (under Credit Card age) to have accounts.

/starts huffing and puffing

Well Sirrah, I must resolutely take umbrage to this insinuation.
It is well sensible to not spray your vital financial data to databases all across teh internetz.
:p
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-29-2010, 02:04 AM
You may Huff, and you may Puff, but you shall never blow my starbase down!

I understand your argument... the "Majority" of people put the card out there. I myself use PAYPAL, because I can argue the charge better if there is a problem.

Oh, and congradulations on getting an extra week (for 97 days total) on your account.
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
Those Icelanders are much more sensible about subscribing and GTCs in general. Itīs been a while since I 1st subscribed to EVE, but IIRC on starting an account they only require you to enter a GTC. Thatīs it.
Yes, EVE is free to download. You don't have to pay for the software, just the game time. Star Trek Online requires a retail purchase. EVE has a 14 day trial. Star Trek Online gives you 30 days of free playtime.

That's it.

Lt. Commander
# 54
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
?The other alternative is to get a greendot or netspend Visa or Mastercard ebit, load it with your money when you want to play leave it empty when you don't.

I have done this for years with other mmo's and have never been overdrawn, if it doesn't go through you just don't get game time for that month, and when you come back you only get charged for the month your coming back in, and it goes 30 days from date payed not from original due date. so if you come back on m31 at 1 pm your good until june 31st at 1pm. evben if the original due date is the 15th.
Lt. Commander
# 55 Problem with subscription
07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I actually found a way to get the free month without giving up any credit card info. You choose the PayPal feature thing, then you go to PayPal in a different window or tab, make an account (don't put in the credit card info), then tell the subscription page to go try and find that stuff. Then you go back to your account info and it should say you are registered to pay with PayPal, but it doesn't have your credit card info I'm too young to get one haha. Hooray for loopholes!

EDIT: You do not have to buy the game card either haha. Thought some people might get confused and eat my soul.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Bought it on Steam for $16

Free 30 days

Lt. Commander
# 57
07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
not all major mmo.

you can get a 14-21 day trial for eve without giving them credit card info. its after the trial if you want to subscribe then you pay.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickison
I actually found a way to get the free month without giving up any credit card info. You choose the PayPal feature thing, then you go to PayPal in a different window or tab, make an account (don't put in the credit card info), then tell the subscription page to go try and find that stuff. Then you go back to your account info and it should say you are registered to pay with PayPal, but it doesn't have your credit card info I'm too young to get one haha. Hooray for loopholes!

EDIT: You do not have to buy the game card either haha. Thought some people might get confused and eat my soul.
It works, Just started playing, Didnt have a credit card on hand.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-12-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm an LTS.

Though I can see your trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 60
07-12-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST

/starts huffing and puffing

Well Sirrah, I must resolutely take umbrage to this insinuation.
It is well sensible to not spray your vital financial data to databases all across teh internetz.
:p
Sdaly. In the modern age - that info is already out there and avialible to nay who have the sklills to use to villianous ends. Luckily your like the rest of us and not of the finicial status to warrant theft.