Lt. Commander
# 1 Could use some advice...
07-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Ok, I know it would be crazy to ask for help with all my BOFF's, as I'm never sure what skills are worth using, but I would at least like help choosing a good last power for my Chief of Engineering.

ok, so his space skills are as follows:

Engineering Team 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Auxiliary to Structural 2, and Eject Warp Plasma 2

he's also assisted by the basic liberated borg BOFF.

As I looked on the exchange to see if Eject Warp Plasma 3 was possible to get off another BOFF, I discovered Boarding Party 3, and I'm conflicted. I find Eject Warp Plasma to be useful, it covers me from incoming torpedoes and mines, slows ships coming behind me, as well as doing damage on top of my own, but Boarding Party sounds very interesting and sounds like a great choice for a chief of engineering, however I know nothing good or bad about it and it's costly (in points or officers) to try and test run it myself then put it back. So I'm asking if any one has any first hand info on them, advice, or the like on this manner, as well as maybe any knowledge if there's a way to train Eject Warp Plasma 3 without being an engineering captain. Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey there, really the only thing I can advise you on is transfering your chracter to Tribble and trying out Boarding Party, I have seen it used with EWP on some Klingon posts so I think this is more of a PVP thing than a PVE thing but I'm not sure. My 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Ejecet wp 3 can also achieved if U play as engineer and invest research points on adecuate engineering field.
In my opinion ewp 3 is more usefull 'cause it can trap several ships and boarding which is made by shuttles it depends if they can reach their single target so her it is the dissadvantage of bording.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I know an Engineering captain could teach it with the proper skill, but can I get it any other way?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes you can get it from a technician cadet officer assigned to you, where insted off making him/here an offer to join you use this bridge officer to train one of your existing tech officers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllbardh View Post
Yes you can get it from a technician cadet officer assigned to you, where insted off making him/here an offer to join you use this bridge officer to train one of your existing tech officers.
Ok, well that's good to know, thanks. I looked all over the exchange and didn't see one, but maybe I'll come across one later.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
A rank three ability is either taught by having 9 skill points in it's associated skill or it's learned from a BO. The two do not overlap.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I never found much use for Eject Warp Plasma. I swapped out and got Reverse Shield Polarity 3. Or another one you can try is Aceton Field 2. I LOVE aceton field 1. I was debating between it and Reverse Shield Polarity 3. Aceton field causes a bunch of radiation damage to a target ship every time it fires. Takes down ships faster.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Koder
I never found much use for Eject Warp Plasma. I swapped out and got Reverse Shield Polarity 3. Or another one you can try is Aceton Field 2. I LOVE aceton field 1. I was debating between it and Reverse Shield Polarity 3. Aceton field causes a bunch of radiation damage to a target ship every time it fires. Takes down ships faster.
I take it you are an engineering captain?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Eject Warp Plasma is all about the fun factor, not sure how useful it is in PvE but in PvE it's pretty fun. Yesterday I managed to catch an entire group of Romulans sitting on their butt's and froze them in place all right next to each other. Focus fire on one BoP started a chain reaction that destroyed even the heavy battleship in the group (22k hull damage from a neighboring ship is enough to ruin anyone's day). Yeah it's situational, yeah you have to usually combine it with evade to make it work well, but mmmmm is it fun to play with.

~D