Lt. Commander
# 21
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Better yet, rather than adding more races, why not just add the parts to the creator and then put a Template system in place similar to other games with their costumes. For example, in CoH, if I want a Pirate themed hero, I hit the drop down and choose "Pirate" and all the basics are there. Then, if I want to modify it to make it my own type (ie., change the pegleg, color of patch, etc...) I can make modifications as I see fit. This should include the appropriate traits as well which can then also be modified if I choose.

In this case, I should just go "Alien", drop down to whatever alien basis I want and then, if I want to modify the look or perhaps make a new race that is only related to the base race, then I can. Why can't that be implemented? Beyond the obvious "Lost revenue opportunity n the C-Store" reason, I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Thinking about this, the opportunity of emoting the Denobulan smile or puffer-fish response is too awesome to pass up. YES! We need a Denobulan Fed race.

Also, Elite Force 2 had Denobulans serving aboard the Enterprise-E.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Romulans, totally not. They get their own faction.
Well the Federation has Klingon BO's and playable Klingons in the C-Store, and THEY have their own side... why not allow the same for Romulans? I mean, the Reunification movement surely swayed SOME Romulans to be more sympathetic to the Federaton.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
And then the Vulcans went and screwed that up by refusing to help the Romulans during that whole Hobus thing ...