Lt. Commander
# 1 Controler TOS?
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
New to the game, other MMO's have a TOS regarding what you can and cannot do with a controller i.e. program one key to do multiple actions. I can't find anything on the forums about the rules in STO regarding such actions. Can anyone point me to a thread or other wise tell me what I can and can't do as far as programming my controllers?

*I'm using a Saitek Command Unit, nifty keypad that lets me program one push of a button to trigger multiple keystrokes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
There are several dev comments about this. Look up coderanger posts and you will surely find some relevant info. To sum it up, it is OK as long as you don't do MUCH better than the rest. If you do and got reportedm they will start to analize the logs. If it turns out that you use combos, no human would be able to pull (too quick, too precise), you will be banned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Many thanks for the pointers, I'll see what I can find - and yes that's understandable. I can see where my question may seem abit bottish - but what I'm sort of looking to do (now that I'm in game) is when I tell my Security officer to set up a torpedo spread the next logical command is to fire torpeos - though there are situations when it's not - anyhow were I captin of a ship I would expect to have to tell my crew every step along the route, ya know?

I'll have to dig into it it seems, but from the pointers you've shown essentially it's ok as long as they don't know about it, or nobody throws a fit because you've got a better setup. For now I'll simply content myself with flying with a joystick rather than the keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2010, 11:05 PM
the only macros i have setup is for space (fire all phasers) and delete (distribute shield power) combined as a on/off toggle so that i can focus on the battles and time using my abilites with my G13 (primary controls) and razer naga (mapped to throttle and num keys)

for ground the same key is setup as a hold on a second key profile for stf's for the 1&2 keys and just press it once to toggle ingame autofire for normal missions and patrols.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
the only macros i have setup is for space (fire all phasers) and delete (distribute shield power) combined as a on/off toggle so that i can focus on the battles and time using my abilites with my G13 (primary controls) and razer naga (mapped to throttle and num keys)

for ground the same key is setup as a hold on a second key profile for stf's for the 1&2 keys and just press it once to toggle ingame autofire for normal missions and patrols.
I did the same thing, though I turned on autofire in the options. Now I just hit P to start cycling my energy weapons, and T to fire a torpedo. One other thing to consider, if you have a macro running while AFK you are far more likely to get into trouble if they catch you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
I did the same thing, though I turned on autofire in the options. Now I just hit P to start cycling my energy weapons, and T to fire a torpedo. One other thing to consider, if you have a macro running while AFK you are far more likely to get into trouble if they catch you.
lol im nither in combat or have a macro enabled when afk (albite not afk THAT often lol), no point, i like to helm my ships :p