Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
For a sheep like you sure ill callit stupid ppl give me money for something that dont exist , i mean come on you cant see that WOW is what drives finaciers pushing games to more and more like wow ? if not all i can say is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH BAAAAHHH .
You're the one that bought a lifetime subscription, mutton.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
That part of the reason for this thread. it does not seem to be set in stone yet, and even the date does not seem to be set in stone. that is why we need to let our voices be heard before it is finalized, ( and before it is to late )

personally I think it needs to be earned on the merit system, or in the C-store. I have the choice to work at my business for the money, or I can work hard in the game to get the right to earn that ship. ( it should probably take close to a month to earn it in my opinion )
Re-posting this because occasionally I do make a useful, informative post and it gets buried ...

Well respecs are the place to go to figure out an exchange rate.

20 to 30k merits = 500 Cryptic Points.

Make it 25k, split the difference. So 50 merits = 1 Cryptic Point.

40,000 Merits = 1 TOS Constitution.

100,000 Merits = 1 Galaxy X.

The Excelsior and the Nebula can fall in between that.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Virtual items still exist, what do you think a game is? Unless I'm missing the point of your post.
no i aint missing the point , the point is the marketing staff got wiff that the players in this game bought huge ammount of galaxy x ships and now new ships gonna appare in the store that trekkies want , they could just as well make em skins that u can use on existing classes and stick to what they said it was gonna be a store with vanity items not a store for ppl with money to get an diffrent game experience for them that cant afford it ..
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
You're the one that bought a lifetime subscription, mutton.
reason i got lifetime is cause im a trekkie and i could afford it i dont want the hassle with having small lump of change causing massive ammount of taxes in my country , i pay exchange tax for using american money...
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Re-posting this because occasionally I do make a useful, informative post and it gets buried ...

Well respecs are the place to go to figure out an exchange rate.

20 to 30k merits = 500 Cryptic Points.

Make it 25k, split the difference. So 50 merits = 1 Cryptic Point.

40,000 Merits = 1 TOS Constitution.

100,000 Merits = 1 Galaxy X.

The Excelsior and the Nebula can fall in between that.
agreed that would work the best as an indicator of what the exchange rate should be. if the excelsior was to be 1,200 C-store points that would be 60,000 merits. that would take a good amount of time grind that much. ( and that is a good thing. )
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekvin85 View Post
Im quite happy to buy both these ships. We cant have everything for free and id rather make an investment in the game if its going to keep it alive that lil bit longer or is going to get us that extra bit of content that we want
I don't have a problem buying these from the C-store.

However, that is ONLY if all of my characters have access to it. Currently, I am pretty peeved that the ship skins I bought are usable by ALL of my RA characters, but the Galaxy-X that I paid $25 for can ONLY be used by my original character. That sucks. My original character is a tac officer. I am leveling an Engineer whom I think is better suited for the Galaxy X. He is currently a Capt 3. I wish I could remove the X from my tac RA5 and give it to the Eng when he reaches RA1. But, alas, I cannot as of yet.

So, I'll buy both of these if I can use them on any of my chars. But, if they are limited to just one character, I won't. It is that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
agreed that would work the best as an indicator of what the exchange rate should be. if the excelsior was to be 1,200 C-store points that would be 60,000 merits. that would take a good amount of time grind that much. ( and that is a good thing. )
Im still against it cause they going back on their word again stating c store was gonna be for vanity items only costumes and graphics changes...
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Yup. That's kind of what I am hoping they see. 60K merits is a bit of a grind. For sure. But it's the sweet spot between the TOS and the Galaxy X when using the respecs as the exchange rate lynchpin.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
They're not gonna let you buy it with in-game credits. One, credits can't pay developers. Two, all MMOG's tend to suffer from rampant inflation so whatever price point they would establish (if point one weren't true) would keep decreasing in actual value over time.

That said, if Cryptic thinks anybody other than the most dedicated umm... fans are going to keep dropping $25 USD on ship skins without detailed and accurate interiors, then somebody isn't going to meet their projected numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla

So, I'll buy both of these if I can use them on any of my chars. But, if they are limited to just one character, I won't. It is that simple.
Uh...the Galaxy-X is usable by all of them. You just have to go claim it under 'Special Unlocks'. Well, all of your Fed toons at least.