Lt. Commander
# 1 new abilities with rank??
07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
I am now LT 9 (engineering), however my available abilities do not include any new ENG abilities like Rotate Shield Freq or Reroute Power to Shields.
I did get Evasive Maneuvers, Transwarp, and CPR.

How do I get engineering abilities?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
You get them as you level up -- at grades 3, 5, and 8 of each rank.

See this for more details.

Oh, and be sure to spend ALL your skill points. I think that's specifically why you aren't getting the abilities yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrolorElas
I am now LT 9 (engineering), however my available abilities do not include any new ENG abilities like Rotate Shield Freq or Reroute Power to Shields.
I did get Evasive Maneuvers, Transwarp, and CPR.

How do I get engineering abilities?
At Lt 9 you should have Evasive Maneuvers (Space), Reroute Power to Shields (Ground) and Rotate Shield Frequency (Space).

These abilities should drop into your appropriate action bar automatically upon achieving them. If they have not (your action bar could be full or it could have dropped into a slot you cannot see), click the little computer screen on the upper right corner of your action bar (or just push P to open you Powers window). There you should be able to see all of your abilities and you can drag them to your tray manually.

Hint: Move your attack powers (Torpedoes, Phasers, etc.) to an unused action bar. This will give you more slots for abilities.