Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
well anyhow they said cstore would be cosmetic only to....
Lt. Commander
# 102
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
it's nothing against you if you took it that way... I just don't want to see this turn in to another legal, moral stalemate like all of the other threads that covered this.
oh no, I really meant that I shouldn't have posted about a dead horse topic that really really really doesn't belong here.
Lt. Commander
# 103
07-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Not that I agree with the "exclusive" issues that Cryptic has started, but doesn't the placing of non-critical or fluff items (skins, uniforms, etc) in the c-store help the Dev's not have to constantly update if it was all just placed in game as a choice or outcome of leveling?
Wouldn't this cut-down on recode times and make things easier for the Dev's ?
Lt. Commander
# 104
07-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
oh no, I really meant that I shouldn't have posted about a dead horse topic that really really really doesn't belong here.
yeah sorry just a bit angry at this the latest blunder....
Lt. Commander
# 105
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Not that I agree with the "exclusive" issues that Cryptic has started, but doesn't the placing of non-critical or fluff items (skins, uniforms, etc) in the c-store help the Dev's not have to constantly update if it was all just placed in game as a choice or outcome of leveling?
Wouldn't this cut-down on recode times and make things easier for the Dev's ?
exactly they allready said they got a small developlent team as an excuse somewhere else in the forums i cant remember where but its been said...
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
are they going to be ra5 only? i for one think if im paying for them i should be able to use them before that cuz not everyone has made it to ra5 yet.
Lt. Commander
# 107
07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
exactly they allready said they got a small developlent team as an excuse somewhere else in the forums i cant remember where but its been said...
Mostly when people complain that we're only getting 20 or 30 new missions in season two.
Lt. Commander
# 108
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius1986
Even though you have to pay for it, you have to realize that this helps the game in the long-term. Purchasing from the c-store allows for more content to be added to the game. I enjoy buying from the c-store, I look forward to it, and it's a situation where I can support the authors directly.
What is the monthly fee for then? I expect to get all game content for the price of the monthly sub.

Why do gamers these days accept the double dip?
Lt. Commander
# 109
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
What is the monthly fee for then? I expect to get all game content for the price of the monthly sub.

beacuse the subs fee is to low basically its the same sub fee from back when wow was new...
then u got salery prices and development cost skyrocketing and ppl still wanna pay the same they did like ages a go....
Lt. Commander
# 110
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post

I'd suggest that more people accepted it when it first started (no idea what game did it first) or at least enough to make it profitable that it got pushed from a test to a fully workable model. Almost all games now come with a multiplayer aspect, some are purely multiplayer, but in the past you would have to rely on the mod scene to bring out custom stuff.

Expansion packs that add vast amounts of things I don't think anyone minds paying for too much but when in-game items start costing the price of an expansion or even half an expansion of other games it's too much for me. I paid for the Galaxy X because I like the ship and I figured a one-time thing for a unique ship was ok and it would help them bring more things out. Unfortunately it seems to have backfired and things like polls will take on a whole new meaning to me now. I won't be voting, I'm not going to be fooled into saying what they can expect to make money with next. Once is enough to make me learn.