Lt. Commander
# 81
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Would it be too much to ask that when you place something in game that should have been there at launch, in the game for free! (Though technically, it is not free, since we pay subscriptions.)
'We'? What 'we'?

You don't pay a subscription, and you advertise that fact.
Lt. Commander
# 82
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I do pay a subscription I paid to play, I am sick of people claiming we lifetime subscribers don't pay subscription, we paid in one lump amount for unlimited, we took a gamble that the game would

1)Last that long
2) We can't cancel if we hate where the game goes, if it takes a bad turn and everyone abandons we get screwed

So guess what we do pay. In fact some of us are somewhat losing money since, had I not bought a LTS, I wouldn't have even subscribed after the 1st month and would have gone to TOR, so please don't try to act like I am less of a subscriber simply because I took a risk that may or may not pay off.
Lt. Commander
# 83
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I do pay a subscription I paid to play, I am sick of people claiming we lifetime subscribers don't pay subscription, we paid in one lump amount for unlimited, we took a gamble that the game would

1)Last that long
2) We can't cancel if we hate where the game goes, if it takes a bad turn and everyone abandons we get screwed

So guess what we do pay.
The bean counters appear unconvinced.

If you were to stop playing tomorrow, what exactly do they lose?

So, more correctly, 'you have paid.' Ongoing business deals in 'what have you done for me lately?' and 'what will you do for me in the future?'

Every time a lifer says "that should be free", the answers to 'what will you do for me in the future?' gains a tick in the "not much, appearantly' column.

But feel free to tell yourself that their thinking runs otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 84
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
The bean counters appear unconvinced.

If you were to stop playing tomorrow, what exactly do they lose?
It makes me no less of a subscriber, buddy!
Lt. Commander
# 85
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
It makes me no less of a subscriber, buddy!
From a finacial standpoint you are nothing like a subscriber. The only sorce of potential revenue you represent is a possible c-store customer. And look, they're rolling out new C-store products for you to consider.
Lt. Commander
# 86
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
From a finacial standpoint you are nothing like a subscriber. The only sorce of potential revenue you represent is a possible c-store customer. And look, they're rolling out new C-store products for you to consider.
Sure from a jerk company, technically yes but you calling me not a subscriber is pretty insulting. And how would treating a potential customer who could try to get more people to join the game and buy stuff on the C-Store going to financially be helpful, hmm?

Further more, how does putting alot of this stuff on the C-Store Help people, many of the month to month subscribers will be miffed they have to pay even more than they already do every month and the LTS will be miffed they have to pay more though they already paid for unlimited subscription?
Lt. Commander
# 87
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
And don't get me wrong, I'm not down on lifetimes subscriptions. I have one to CO, and I have one to LotRO. They're good investments in some cases, but it's important to realize that your bet against the system does mean the system has to look elsewhere for money. Something that has become very appearant in LotRO, and the LotRO situation is somethign that Cryptic seems willing to learn from.
Lt. Commander
# 88
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
No offense but I wouldn't call the LoTRO model a good one to follow, I mean when you think MMO, many people think WOW not, LoTRO. Heck, I didn't even know that existed until I joined these forums.

Actually, I do think their is a financial incentive to pacify LTS, the only way to make them spend more money is to make them happier. I personally have no problem with uniforms and ship SKINS (as long as they aren't things that should have been in at the beginning, respecs, slots etc. Not, Gal-X, Connie, Borg Boff, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Sure from a jerk company, technically yes but you calling me not a subscriber is pretty insulting.
Think of it as a reality check. You are a customer, but if you do not pay a subscription, you are not a subscriber. The word kinda has a meaning, you know? A definition. And you do not fit it.

Knowing where you stand makes it a little easier to deal with a company. If you are the sort of customer that is bringing in new players, make sure they know that. They have a mechanism for tracking it. They are aware of who is buttering their bread in considerable detail. They are motivated to keep those people happy. Make them inclined to listen to you.

But saying 'I've paid all I'm gonna, and I shouldn't have to pay more' is not a compeling argument. It is categorizing yourself as a dry hole, finacially. The lifetime offer DID NOT include receiving every product they come up with from now 'til the servers go dark. That's not the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 90
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Think of it as a reality check. You are a customer, but if you do not pay a subscription, you are not a subscriber. The word kinda has a meaning, you know? A definition. And you do not fit it.

Knowing where you stand makes it a little easier to deal with a company. If you are the sort of customer that is bringing in new players, make sure they know that. They have a mechanism for tracking it. They are aware of who is buttering their bread in considerable detail. They are motivated to keep those people happy. Make them inclined to listen to you.

But saying 'I've paid all I'm gonna, and I shouldn't have to pay more' is not a compeling argument. It is categorizing yourself as a dry hole, finacially. The lifetime offer DID NOT include receiving every product they come up with from now 'til the servers go dark. That's not the deal.
What is my incentive to pay for stuff on the C-Store if many parts of it just tick me off? More so ,think of it as this, I am the person who buys the Car all at once, while monthlies are paying in installments, does it make me any less of a consumer, no. I am a subscriber until 16 months is up, end of story.