Lt. Commander
# 1 new farmer tactics?
07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I was PM'd at K7 last night by someone offering me credits. he didn't specify whether he was giving them to me, or selling and I didn't ask, tho I was suspicous. he claimed to have been playing for the last 5 days and yet, he was still Ens1. he also claimed to die a lot , tho he still should've been promoted at some point. I couldn't find him on the station, so I asked where he was and said China, him thinking that's what I meant. I also asked him where he got these credits, enuff to give away?, and said he was given them by others. it's possible as he was playing a female avatar, but I still, gotta wonder....
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm report him so the developers could look into it.

Ensign 1 sounds like a mule alt for farmers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
That does sound suspicious, but if there was no overt offer of RMT then theres not much to do about it. Luckily I don't think theres a limit on the ignore list in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2010, 02:04 PM
didn't think of reporting him, but I never really had grounds to anyway. he never said anything about wanting $$$ in return, or anything else for that matter. just asked if I wanted any credits.
Lt. Commander
# 5 same thing here
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I got a similar offer a night before last (Monday I think) from a fem character. It started as a whisper that just said "hi". I said "hi" back and then the "ad" came back from her. I don't remember the name or anything but I clicked on "report" which added her to my ignore list.

It was a pretty obviously a scam, at least for me. All I can say is beware - like most things on the internet, if it sounds too good to be true (free macbook! click here!) then it is.