Lt. Commander
# 11
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
So what would you have Cryptic do as an alternative??? Raise the Subscription Price???
How about something better?

Stop Offering Lifetime Subscriptions.

It's simple really; Cryptic lost a lot of money off of the huge rush of people who went for the LTS, and even the yearly and 6 month subscriptions, because we're not dumb and realize "hey, it IS cheaper to do it this way." If they stopped selling those (and with the yearly/6 month people, only continued to offer those people those subscription plans) they would be charging new people monthly, and they wouldn't lose more monthly subscriptions when people can finally drop the money on a LTS or greater. Maybe open the doors for those subscriptions again in a year or two (if the game is still around by then). Then, they keep making money so that they can put more stuff in the actual game rather than in their C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
With the continued "charge-extra-for-all-content" philosophy, there won't be anyone left in a year.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
With the continued "charge-extra-for-all-content" philosophy, there won't be anyone left in a year.
agreed.... that or we will go free to play. ( I'm starting to think that it is going that way )
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Give us more chances to get free c-store points like surveys and stuff
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
agreed.... that or we will go free to play. ( I'm starting to think that it is going that way )
That's the dillema myself and my friends have, whether to keep paying our sub, or cancel, save the money and go play APB and wait for it to go to F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
I have to disagree with that statement. We've made 3 updates including new content to the game since launch, and are about to launch another one. Of those updates, none of them have had any extra cost to you. Seasons 1, 1.1, 1.2, and 2, are all updates which included new content to Star Trek Online at no additional cost to you.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I have to disagree with that statement. We've made 3 updates including new content to the game since launch, and are about to launch another one. Of those updates, none of them have had any extra cost to you. Seasons 1, 1.1, 1.2, and 2, are all updates which included new content to Star Trek Online at no additional cost to you.
While this may be true the game desperately needed those updates.........
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
Content?

Thats laughable.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
stormshade please ignore these people flaming you guys at cryptic for putting stuff into the cstore. they just like to complain. I rather enjoy star trek's unique approach to the way you support the further development of the game. I for one will be buying the ships if they are not too expensive. if they are as expensive like the galaxy x however I will prolly be only purchasing the excelsior class to replace the stargazer class as my lexington b. thanks again for all the hard work you guys are doing.