Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 321
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I think you'll find that the 'screaming' is about how the ship poll has been turned into a tool to find out what will get them the most money as opposed to what it seemed like, which was to find out which ship most players wanted to see added to the game. Of course there was no mention of it being a C-Store item in the poll but as I and at least one other have said now it will be the last poll I participate in for that reason alone.

As for the last paragraph you wrote well that just made me laugh. You say blame the people who rushed to get their Galaxy X and then admit you'd buy the Enterprise J the second it went live. You're smart to not say you blame them so you can avoid being a hypocrit but it also shows you're crazy and should not be allowed near pointy things. The Enterprise J?! You're either on too little or too many meds.
Enterprise-J wouldn't make any sense. Starfleet still is working with the Ent-E, so if the Ent-J class was around while the Ent-E was still working, it would mean that when it finally came the time to comission the Ent-J they would have to use a REALLY old class of ship.
Lt. Commander
# 322
07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey gang,

Thanks again for all of your feedback. It really is incredibly valued.

I understand that some of you are upset that the Excelsior and Nebula Class vessels are headed to the C-Store. There’s a number of reasons for this, and I want to try and address them for you.

Some people are upset because they feel these items shouldn’t go into the C-Store because they’re "Canon Ships".

I can understand this view point, and I’ll make sure to pass it along. I also want to remind you however that we use the C-store to make things that you are requesting, which otherwise would not make it into the game. So, without the C-store, there would be no excelsior or Nebula in STO for some time.

The most prevalent reason seems to be that some people feel as though they’re not getting enough bang for their subscription buck right now. It’s very true that your subscription fees do go towards the ongoing development of Star Trek Online. So, I thought I would remind you all of some of the things we’ve added since launch for free to all of our players.

PvP
“Shanty Town” PvP Map

Uniform Options
Off Duty Uniforms
New stances and hairstyles at the tailor.

Klingon
The K’Tanco Battle Cruiser
New Klingon Only Episodes(Coming Soon)
New Klingon Carrier

Federation
War Games (Fed vs. Fed PvP)
The Diplomatic Corps (Coming Soon)
Defiant/Galaxy/Intrepid Refits

Fleet Actions/Content
The Big Dig
DS9 Under Siege
New Undine Missions and Fleet Action (Coming Soon)
Weekly “Featured Episodes” (Coming Soon)

Miscellaneous
The Difficulty Slider
The Injury System
Accolades
Squad Support
Mini Games (Coming Soon)
Level Cap Increase, 45-51 (Coming Soon)
Veteran’s Rewards

Not to mention numerous bug fixes, and other minor changes and “polish” we’ve made based on your feedback. We’re already hard at work planning Season 3 for you right now as well! Almost all of the things listed above have been things that you, our community, has asked us to make happen for you. I personally feel that the Dev Team is doing a great job of pushing out content that you all have been asking for, and at a bang up pace.

However, I’m also seeing that you guys would like to see some more customization updates included in the next big update. It may not happen for Season 2, but I will make sure to pass that along to the Dev Team so they can keep that in mind as they’re planning Season 3 and beyond.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 323
07-14-2010, 04:58 PM
you tell 'em, Stormy!
Lt. Commander
# 324
07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
So. We notice that you didn't put in Canon ships and thus said "Hey wait a minute. this is star Trek why can't we fly stuff we see in teh shows or wear the costumes." We thus demand you put it in. You place them in teh C-store. When we object you said you wouldn't make these Canon things available otherwise?

Why wouldn't you make canon items regardless if we were asking for them or not. For that matter why didn't it dawn on you to make these things to begin with?

Admittedly It does bug me to see weekly updates to the C-store. It creates the illusion that the C-store is all that is growing but you bring up valid points as to what has been added otherwise. At teh end of the day though, when it comes to alternative skins and, so help me, even some of these Alien races It don't care so much. when it comes to bridges we've never sene before I dont care so much. When it comes to items you would reasonably be expected to see in a game labeled 'Star Trek' That is where It crosses the line.
Lt. Commander
# 325
07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Stormshade, the 3 new ships in season 2 are essentially just upgraded versions of their T4 counterparts.

Cryptic has yet to release a SINGLE new original federation ship or skin for free, not one single one.

Don't you think its time we got a break here?
Lt. Commander
# 326
07-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Some people are upset because they feel these items shouldn’t go into the C-Store because they’re "Canon Ships".
I would actually have rather had all the 'canon' ships in the C-Store b/c it is an option to have the ships people want *even though they don't really belong in this time frame*. Meanwhile brand new/original Cryptic ships should be the standard ones that fill out this universe and come with the game updates.
Lt. Commander
# 327
07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Excelsior! You have been delivering, if anything trying to please too many.

However I'm sure all would be better if a 20 % - 40 % discount for lifers in the C-Store. This I feel is very reasonable. We have been backing STO and put our $$$ where our mouths are, because we are patient and believe that STO will be around as long as the Star Trek legacy to date
Lt. Commander
# 328
07-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Hey gang,

Thanks again for all of your feedback. It really is incredibly valued.

I understand that some of you are upset that the Excelsior and Nebula Class vessels are headed to the C-Store. There’s a number of reasons for this, and I want to try and address them for you.

I can understand this view point, and I’ll make sure to pass it along. I also want to remind you however that we use the C-store to make things that you are requesting, which otherwise would not make it into the game. So, without the C-store, there would be no excelsior or Nebula in STO for some time.

The most prevalent reason seems to be that some people feel as though they’re not getting enough bang for their subscription buck right now. It’s very true that your subscription fees do go towards the ongoing development of Star Trek Online. So, I thought I would remind you all of some of the things we’ve added since launch for free to all of our players.

PvP
“Shanty Town” PvP Map

Uniform Options
Off Duty Uniforms
New stances and hairstyles at the tailor.

Klingon
The K’Tanco Battle Cruiser
New Klingon Only Episodes(Coming Soon)
New Klingon Carrier

Federation
War Games (Fed vs. Fed PvP)
The Diplomatic Corps (Coming Soon)
Defiant/Galaxy/Intrepid Refits

Fleet Actions/Content
The Big Dig
DS9 Under Siege
New Undine Missions and Fleet Action (Coming Soon)
Weekly “Featured Episodes” (Coming Soon)

Miscellaneous
The Difficulty Slider
The Injury System
Accolades
Squad Support
Mini Games (Coming Soon)
Level Cap Increase, 45-51 (Coming Soon)
Veteran’s Rewards

Not to mention numerous bug fixes, and other minor changes and “polish” we’ve made based on your feedback. We’re already hard at work planning Season 3 for you right now as well! Almost all of the things listed above have been things that you, our community, has asked us to make happen for you. I personally feel that the Dev Team is doing a great job of pushing out content that you all have been asking for, and at a bang up pace.

However, I’m also seeing that you guys would like to see some more customization updates included in the next big update. It may not happen for Season 2, but I will make sure to pass that along to the Dev Team so they can keep that in mind as they’re planning Season 3 and beyond.

Thanks,

Stormshade
While that's all nice...I don't believe any klingon asked for a carrier, and a refit ship would be treatly appreciated. I don't mean to come across as being brash...however bug fixes are things that one would expect from a finished product...Speaking of bug fixes...it's nice to know you thought enough to change the klingon armour so the clipping of the sash and shoulder pices aren't as bad.
Lt. Commander
# 329
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Stormshade, the problem with your list is that it's both true, but I imagine many people feel that things like squad support should have been in since before launch, but I digress.

In Champions Online, within 3 months there had been two event-based content patches, as well as one end-game dungeon. Blood moon added a number of perks, and a number of costume pieces, including a pvp map and another powerset.

In November, they released Nemcon, an end game dungeon. But it wasn't just a dungeon, also included were two costume sets and a neato cape.

In December, another costume set, and a mask/hat, plus the event on top of it.

The problem, as I see it, is not so much that you've not added stuff, but that you've not added enough, and the stuff you've added is... hit or miss. Take these klingon episodes; You're assuming I'm a klingon player; same with the ships you quote. Off-duty uniforms are another example-- why would anyone but RPs want off-duty clothes anyway? And why is it that none of them look remotely like they should be worn on risa? And the choses you've given us, in Off-duty clothing, is (at least for the females) extremely limiting, we have, what? 9? combinations we could make?

Compare Champions Online's c-store to STO's; the Champions one has 31 items that can be bought, including action figures and emblems, vs STO's 41 (including emotes) it may not sound like much of a difference, but CO has been out for nearly a year, and STO is only pulling 6 months.

Ultimately I don't care if you add the ships to the store, but I do know that STO has a serious image problem in regards to this c-store, one that Champions Online doesn't have. Cryptic needs to act fast and pointedly to change this image of a money grabbing corporation who's only milking STO.

I'd rather not see STO die because Cryptic drove it's player base away, and alienated people who might be interested in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 330
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I think a lot of you should take a step back and get some perspective - many of these comments aren't even very constructive as much as they are uneducated, indigent tirades. Act like productive members of society, assume your responsibilities as adults, and understand corporations are ran for one purpose, and one purpose only - profit. You'll save yourself a lot of extra stress if you realize a few things: first, there's nothing sinister about Cryptic's motives - these guys are doing their jobs and doing it rather well considering that despite all the limitations the positive aspects of the game far exceed the negatives; second, there are too many people complaining about too many different things (i.e., how, what, and when things should be added or not added to the game) that Cryptic will NEVER be able to truly make this game the way any one individual (yes, I mean you) feels it should be; and third, if you fundamentally feel, and I mean to the core, that Cryptic is ruining the game and the Star Trek brand, then simply leave the game. Don't create a lot of drama about it, just move along peacefully and find something more productive to do with your money and free time.