Lt. Commander
# 11
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
I have to guess that you are not a native English speaker and some things are not coming out through the translator very well.

It sounds like you are talking about the Undine Special Task Force mission. All Special Task Force missions require 5 players, but you are not forced or required to do Special Task Force missions. There has been some talk about making Special Task Force missions have a single player episode-level difficulty, or opening up STFs to have both Klingon and Federation team together to increase the pool of available players, but neither of these options sound like they will be coming soon.

It may not be very much help, but there are other things you can do in this game that do not require a group. Also, more Episode Missions (IE, non-STF) are on the way in Season 2. Additionally, it sounds fairly silly to claim to quit over a game b/c you can't play one part of it. It would be like quitting WoW b/c you can't find 10 people to raid with (there are potentially many other reasons to quit WoW, but that's not a very substantial one).
Lt. Commander
# 12 Five Man Teams Continued
07-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Well, You believe these missions should be Five Man Teams.
I should get the option.
Why is the new content for Five Man Teams only? No new content for the solo player?

Some past missions such as The Big Dig are Open Teaming.
Fair is Fair.

All I ask is that we get two versions one for Five Man Teaming or Solo.
If you make these missions Open Teaming anyone can jump into My instance if I choose to play that way.
And you can still play as a Five Man Team. Everyone gets to be happy.

The way it is now. If someone quits in the middle of the Mission it hampers the rest of the team and the mission is blown. This is not fair to some of us.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Five Man Team/ You are right
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah, you are right. However, what happens when you have played all the episodes? I can destroy Borg Cubes only so many times.

I think it is a great idea to add more Solo missions and to make Solo versions of these missions.

Just for the record while I had my Nerd Rage going. You should know that I always treat my fellow gamers with respect and thank you for your info.

With some of these Five Man Task Force Missions it should be available as Solo versions also.

The Problem I ran into on one of the Task Force Missions is that someone asked me in the middle of the Mission if I knew how to speak English. And then quit right before the end of that Borg mission out of Spite. Don't remember which mission it was. That ruined it for everyone that night, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thank you everyone for your patience and help. I will try to go find that happy place. Maybe if I run into Q again, I'll go ask him where it is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den3067
Well, You believe these missions should be Five Man Teams only?
I should get the option.
What the new content is for Five Man Teams only? And none for me? No new content for the solo player?

Some past missions such as The Big Dig are Open Teaming.
Fair is Fair.

All I ask is that we get two versions one for Five Man Teaming or Solo.
If you make these missions Open Teaming anyone can jump into My instance if I choose to play that way.
And you can still play as a Five Man Team. Everyone gets to be happy.

The way it is now. If someone quits in the middle of the Mission it hampers the rest of the team and the mission is blown. This is not fair to some of us.
The big dig is a fleet action you are comparing apples and oranges.

Chat with people and make some friends in-game...maybe even join a good fleet and you won't have to be a loner. This is an MMO game, some things require that you group up to do them. Why play an online MMO if all you are going to do is play by yourself and be anti-social?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2010, 03:37 AM
I heard an idea a while ago about them adding solo able missions "around" the STFs, like you are doing to a support mission for a task force, holding up enemy ships or re enforcements or creating a diversion. Sounds like a good idea to me, I don't think they should change the task force missions, even though I can't play them because i can't team. I don't want to be the ass that has to drop out and ruin everyone's fun cause my baby starts crying. So i like the support idea.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2010, 03:45 AM
try doing infected or teradome with a klingon, ive had bgs for months and ive only got a group twice,
you go to gamma and its all feds,i wish you could try them solo with your away team
its a real drag, on the other hand with any of my feds its alwayse easy to get a group while im doing my daily missions
Lt. Commander
# 17 Higher level
07-15-2010, 05:43 AM
I believe there plains to make is soloable at higher level. raids by the format are forced 5 mans but if you are having problems with 5 mans LOL. You would love WOW back in the days of 40 man raids.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den3067
Yeah, you are right. However, what happens when you have played all the episodes? I can destroy Borg Cubes only so many times.

I think it is a great idea to add more Solo missions and to make Solo versions of these missions.

Just for the record while I had my Nerd Rage going. You should know that I always treat my fellow gamers with respect and thank you for your info.

With some of these Five Man Task Force Missions it should be available as Solo versions also.

The Problem I ran into on one of the Task Force Missions is that someone asked me in the middle of the Mission if I knew how to speak English. And then quit right before the end of that Borg mission out of Spite. Don't remember which mission it was. That ruined it for everyone that night, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thank you everyone for your patience and help. I will try to go find that happy place. Maybe if I run into Q again, I'll go ask him where it is.
Do you even read the reports about what is on tribble right now? Have you participated in the testing? Well I have and I can tell you that they are plenty of new missions whihc are not STF's comming up very soon - I have already played them. You can solo them until you die of linliness and noone will force you to team.

The STFs are STO's verison of raids which always have been and always will be team dungeons. So they should remain. 95% of the game is set up for you to solo, so you have to whine about the 5% that is not?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-15-2010, 06:34 AM
I like the idea of soloable endgame content, maybe next year I can boot up STO on my xbox. /sarcasm

It's end game content it shouldn't be puable at all and it is. This game lacks a serious challenge for gamers. The STFs are either so difficult Pugers get annoyed, or so easy that fleets and gamers are bored of them after one run. seems like we have a real dichotomy. In my own opinion the endgame content should be there to keep the serious gamers who are in fleets, and invest time into learning the runs, it's much easier to get a bad reputation from them than it is the casual puger who dosen't know what they are doing in the first place. I would be all for separate missions for pugs, or a working difficulty slider, but there needs to be some form of reward for spending the time to do the more difficult mission (although then the pugers would complain) End game needs to be gear driven, not storyline driven, a story is nice, but everyone likes a good piece of gear, most people I know dont even read the dialog boxes when they pop up. Being able to do an STF and have a chance of a piece of gear you can farm marks for, or that isn't as good as the daily rewards is a joke, the gear needs to drive people to run the instances repeatedly and so far the only thing I know people want from STFs is either a chance at an engine drop from KA, a deflector drop from infected, the borg medical kit from cure or the marks so they can go buy them, even though they can get the same item (except the borg kit) from either running dailies, or aid the planet missions. the only item that requires STF marks that people seem to want is the bat'leth, I wonder why.....

As for regular missions, the teaming is actually kinda nice, you pop in with it 99% done and you get free xp...woohoo. You get a predominant majority of your XP from finishing the mission, not killing things. You can level quite rapidly doing no storyline missions, simply run DSEs whenever your mission CD is up and swap instances till you find one mostly done, as soon as it is go to another one that is about to be completed, rinse repeat profit. Then swap over to patrols while it's on CD for 15mins. I leveled my alt in 3 evenings doing that..... I completed two storline missions, the rescue the ship mission at lt1, and city on the edge of never for the efficient impulse engines.