Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Fools. TNG lasted seven years, and continued for another year or so until Generations, when Deanna crashed the D. And even then, nobody said anything about a 'five year mission'. Had Riker not let a woman driver take over, it could still be going now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Becasue having families on a deep space mission means that the ship is peoples home, so they will be happier doing a 5 year stint.

Also, if it is an actual fight, they can send the dish away, so those people are safe.

I wnat to know why you idiot have your heads so far up your own arses that you couldn't take 5 seconds to work this out?
LOL I sense much anger in you.

I am fully aware of all of those reasons, but it is just incredibly inefficient imo. They could have used all that extra power/resources for something a hell of a lot more useful.

Btw i only have a single head and arse.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Becasue having families on a deep space mission means that the ship is peoples home, so they will be happier doing a 5 year stint.

Also, if it is an actual fight, they can send the dish away, so those people are safe.

I wnat to know why you idiot have your heads so far up your own arses that you couldn't take 5 seconds to work this out?
What kind of idiot would continue to have their families aboard after the first season?

What kind of idiot still thinks its a good idea after 7 seasons?

How did having families on board work out for Sisko?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
LOL I sense much anger in you.

I am fully aware of all of those reasons, but it is just incredibly inefficient imo. They could have used all that extra power/resources for something a hell of a lot more useful.

Btw i only have a single head and arse.
Inefficient? Why would Starfleet care about being inefficient? They've got pretty much everything they could possibly want resource and power-wise. So, all they've got left to do is go around figuring out ways to spend their practically infinite resources.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:

Wait let me get this straight, they put the families on the dish? or the Star drive section is safe because they booked it and left the saucer behind as bait?

playful *nudge* btw.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
yes, the dish is were all the schools and living quaters and the like are, it's sent away in combat, if they have time.

Warpvis: they were 3 years from home when that happened, why would they think it would be knocking on their door any time soon?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
yes, the dish is were all the schools and living quaters and the like are, it's sent away in combat, if they have time.

Warpvis: they were 3 years from home when that happened, why would they think it would be knocking on their door any time soon?

If you are refering to Sisko, they were only 8 light years from Earth when his wife bought it and Jake was seriously endangered barely escaping.

As far as TNG they should have realised how bad an idea having families along was after the very first episode.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Especially on the dish. Isn't there a high power current or something running through that thing?