Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Like the title suggests... I was very excited to see new additions to the C-Store but wow, what a price difference. Before, things were like 200 cryptic points, etc. or if it WERE 400 it would open for ALL Character slots.

Now, Cryptic is trying to wiggle in 400 point sales that affect ONE CHARACTER which I believe is really setting a precedence - and a bad one at that.

400 points for 2 extra bridge officer slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra costume slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra ship slots... on ONE character.

Uh, Cryptic? That's low down and dirty - everything has been for ALL your characters and now you're trying to pull even MORE money by raising the prices and making these features only affect ONE character? You realize I LOVE your game and have like 6-7 characters that I play. This is a complete SLAP IN THE FACE.

EVERYONE wants extra costume pieces and knowing that your "marketing department" made it for a single character so that people would have to spend A LOT of money to get extra slots for all their characters.

That's low. I was ready to drop 1200 points TODAY to get all this stuff, now I'm ready to drop 0 points. Maybe in the future, who knows. But the difference is between NEEDING and WANTING. I WANTED.

I might NEED the character slots because I roleplay a lot, but that means you will eventually get 400 points instead of 1200.

Good job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
i still think cryptic dosnt get to set the price...

if you wanna blame anyone blame CBS, they are the ones ruining this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Honestly I'm not worried about these new additions. They are options to give flexibility to players. No one has to buy them. Per account would be nice but these are more "cosmetic" additions that all characters may not want/need.

Do all of your characters need more ships, BOffs, or costumes? I'd say no. From an RP perspective why would you need more than your base uniform and off duty uniform? Why would you be in more than one ship. Why would your Boff count exceed what we've seen from any Trek series.

From a gameplay standpoint the uniforms are cosmetic and affect nothing. The ships would be nice to have more options, but in the end if you wanted to you could have nearly all the T5 ships, including those coming in S2, so again not needed. BOffs add versatility but just as with skill planning you can plan around them and need more.

Nice features, nothing game breaking, and charging per character is fine. Pricing may be a little high, but not bad. They cost more than buying a single ship skin, costume pack, character slot, etc but not too high. After all these options open up all costume types that you have available in a new slot, all ship types you have available, and any BOff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
i still think cryptic dosnt get to set the price...

if you wanna blame anyone blame CBS, they are the ones ruining this game.
I think you mean Atari. CBS doesnt get to decide how much WE'RE charged, they just get to decide how much CRYPTIC is charged to use the IP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
i still think cryptic dosnt get to set the price...

if you wanna blame anyone blame CBS, they are the ones ruining this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think you mean Atari. The only thing CBS has to do with the game is the IP, not the prices that we pay.
agreed the devs are the victims of Atari.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree with OP.
I've plenty of C-Stores points to spend but the pricing and limitations to one character is greedy.
I won't be buying
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I've been critical for the C-store for a while now and particularly vocal about it recently. This particular announcment doesn't bother me as much. I do think it is a little high when you compare it to the price of gainined new character slots all together. This kind of stuff I understand paying for unlike uniforms, races, or ships. There is a database concideration with stuff like this and I fully understand charging a premium for it.

This is the kind of stuff I've always expected to be on the C-store when I heard about it in beta. To me this is a proper use of the C-store. Now if they would stop putting stuff in there that has no database impact...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Like the title suggests... I was very excited to see new additions to the C-Store but wow, what a price difference. Before, things were like 200 cryptic points, etc. or if it WERE 400 it would open for ALL Character slots.

Now, Cryptic is trying to wiggle in 400 point sales that affect ONE CHARACTER which I believe is really setting a precedence - and a bad one at that.

400 points for 2 extra bridge officer slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra costume slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra ship slots... on ONE character.

Uh, Cryptic? That's low down and dirty - everything has been for ALL your characters and now you're trying to pull even MORE money by raising the prices and making these features only affect ONE character? You realize I LOVE your game and have like 6-7 characters that I play. This is a complete SLAP IN THE FACE.

EVERYONE wants extra costume pieces and knowing that your "marketing department" made it for a single character so that people would have to spend A LOT of money to get extra slots for all their characters.

That's low. I was ready to drop 1200 points TODAY to get all this stuff, now I'm ready to drop 0 points. Maybe in the future, who knows. But the difference is between NEEDING and WANTING. I WANTED.

I might NEED the character slots because I roleplay a lot, but that means you will eventually get 400 points instead of 1200.

Good job.
Why do you even need any of those things?

You have more bridge officers than your ship will hold. I have four costume slots and still don't have all my ship slots full.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcars View Post
Nice features, nothing game breaking, and charging per character is fine. Pricing may be a little high, but not bad. They cost more than buying a single ship skin, costume pack, character slot, etc but not too high. After all these options open up all costume types that you have available in a new slot, all ship types you have available, and any BOff.
If the C-Store had started like that, sure I can buy it. But the game is only months old and it's slowly switching from every time being "account wide" to being "character specific" which is where I draw the line and find their tactics to be bordering on disgusting. If I'm wrong and tons of stuff keep coming out that is "account wide" then I will eat my words but to me this is the start of THEM testing the waters on how much we, the players, would be willing to shell out.

They tried it with the $25 doll Galaxy X and it seems like from the # of Galaxy X's I have seen that was a win for their marketing department, and has followed suit with raising the prices slightly and making things character specific to milk more money out of us (which I was HAPPY to do to improve the game I love when it was account specific).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Why do you even need any of those things?

You have more bridge officers than your ship will hold. I have four costume slots and still don't have all my ship slots full.
Let's see.... look at my sig, I have a fully fleshed out crew. I also now have a photonic bridge officer that I can't use unless I buy a slot.

Let's see... I role play. I have a Mirror Universe "alt" that runs around in the Mirror Universe outfit, leaving me with 2 slots, 1 with my Fleet Uniform and 1 with my off-duty outfit. So make up your own mind why I would need more outfit slots.

The only thing I don't really need right now is the ships.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.