Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Let's see.... look at my sig, I have a fully fleshed out crew. I also now have a photonic bridge officer that I can't use unless I buy a slot.

Let's see... I role play. I have a Mirror Universe "alt" that runs around in the Mirror Universe outfit, leaving me with 2 slots, 1 with my Fleet Uniform and 1 with my off-duty outfit. So make up your own mind why I would need more outfit slots.

The only thing I don't really need right now is the ships.
You can delete on of you crew and save money.

You can only wear one uniform at a time and I don't know how you only have three uniform slots I have five.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
If the C-Store had started like that, sure I can buy it. But the game is only months old and it's slowly switching from every time being "account wide" to being "character specific" which is where I draw the line and find their tactics to be bordering on disgusting. If I'm wrong and tons of stuff keep coming out that is "account wide" then I will eat my words but to me this is the start of THEM testing the waters on how much we, the players, would be willing to shell out.

They tried it with the $25 doll Galaxy X and it seems like from the # of Galaxy X's I have seen that was a win for their marketing department, and has followed suit with raising the prices slightly and making things character specific to milk more money out of us (which I was HAPPY to do to improve the game I love when it was account specific).
I will admit when I first saw teh announcment that the new features were going to be per account I was thinking "Hey, That would be a good idea. Have a discounted price for your stuff in the C-store if you buy it on a per character basis but still retain the current accoutn wide price for thsoe that would prefer that route." Then I saw it was just talking about its new fearures and that the prices were way out of whack based on the precident they have currently set. It's a bizzare choice but I am more baffled by the price than anything.

Especailly since there really isn't any need for more Boff space. I don't even fill my current roster because I tend to only ever used 4 or 5 of them anyway. More ships? Not really much call for that either since you tend to specialise in a certain type the way the skill tree is deswigned. More costumes? Again not really needed. Especially cincidering we can't change our Boffs uniforms on the fly to say nothing of the random crew on our bridge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
You can delete on of you crew and save money.

You can only wear one uniform at a time and I don't know how you only have three uniform slots I have five.
How do you have 5? I only have 3. the first one. the off duty one and the free one you get from joiing a fleet. Tehre is aparantyl fress uniforms in 2.0 but that would only make 4
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think you mean Atari. CBS doesnt get to decide how much WE'RE charged, they just get to decide how much CRYPTIC is charged to use the IP.
Well, that does influence the price - unless the devs decided to make no profits off the C-store and cap the prices at the levels CBS wants as the IP holder (assuming it's not a rate).

I thought Ferengis understood these business models?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
How do you have 5? I only have 3. the first one. the off duty one and the free one you get from joiing a fleet. Tehre is aparantyl fress uniforms in 2.0 but that would only make 4
I don't know how I got five been like that for more than a month I know of. Screenshot
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think you mean Atari. CBS doesnt get to decide how much WE'RE charged, they just get to decide how much CRYPTIC is charged to use the IP.
they get to say YES or NO, to awesome ideas. there my main target atm. and do you know that for a fact? i would happily bet some money on CBS gets some say on price. becasue after all they are money grabing pigs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I don't know how I got five been like that for more than a month I know of. Screenshot
uniforms,not traits... lol i think you have miss-read somewhere along the line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I have 4 uniform slots...and I've chatted with others who do too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
uniforms,not traits... lol i think you have miss-read somewhere along the line.
I put the wrong one go back and look.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
If the C-Store had started like that, sure I can buy it. But the game is only months old and it's slowly switching from every time being "account wide" to being "character specific" which is where I draw the line and find their tactics to be bordering on disgusting. If I'm wrong and tons of stuff keep coming out that is "account wide" then I will eat my words but to me this is the start of THEM testing the waters on how much we, the players, would be willing to shell out.

They tried it with the $25 doll Galaxy X and it seems like from the # of Galaxy X's I have seen that was a win for their marketing department, and has followed suit with raising the prices slightly and making things character specific to milk more money out of us (which I was HAPPY to do to improve the game I love when it was account specific).
It's NOT switching bfrom "Everything Account Wide" to "Everything Per Character" at all. Seriously, the ONLY things that are character only atm (aside from renames and respecs which do make sense; and which other MMOs charge $15.00 per character on - WoW in particular) at of today are:

Extra BO slots (and BOs DO take up a fair amout of storage space so $2.50 a pop imo is reasonable)
Extra Ship slots (see above)
Extra Costume slots (and on this one I actually agree - it shopuld be account with as costume data ain't that much)

EVERYTHING ELSE is STILL account wide. So sorry, I don't see hoe 3 new items that are per character suddenly = EVERYTHING going per character.

IMO - people need to learn to pick their battles and noyt go into major nerdrage hyperbole on EVERY change Crytic does to the C-Store or the game - and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. It's getting ridiculous.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 AM.