Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree with the OP.

This looks really greedy. In my opinion.

I don't know who is responsible for it or who decides how much this costs.

I am a roleplayer and the costume slots are very important to me yet I will not spent so many cryptic points on only two slots that are only for one character.

I am also interested in getting those extra bridge officer slots to fully flesh out my crews subdivisions of eng. tact., med. and science.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Is buying per character the permanent C-Store Operation now? If no announcement was made that all future C-Store offerings will use this method, I think we can all calm down a little here. This may only be a one-time thing every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Like the title suggests... I was very excited to see new additions to the C-Store but wow, what a price difference. Before, things were like 200 cryptic points, etc. or if it WERE 400 it would open for ALL Character slots.

Now, Cryptic is trying to wiggle in 400 point sales that affect ONE CHARACTER which I believe is really setting a precedence - and a bad one at that.

400 points for 2 extra bridge officer slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra costume slots... on ONE character.
400 points for 2 extra ship slots... on ONE character.

Uh, Cryptic? That's low down and dirty - everything has been for ALL your characters and now you're trying to pull even MORE money by raising the prices and making these features only affect ONE character? You realize I LOVE your game and have like 6-7 characters that I play. This is a complete SLAP IN THE FACE.

EVERYONE wants extra costume pieces and knowing that your "marketing department" made it for a single character so that people would have to spend A LOT of money to get extra slots for all their characters.

That's low. I was ready to drop 1200 points TODAY to get all this stuff, now I'm ready to drop 0 points. Maybe in the future, who knows. But the difference is between NEEDING and WANTING. I WANTED.

I might NEED the character slots because I roleplay a lot, but that means you will eventually get 400 points instead of 1200.

Good job.
I don't even see why anyone would buy anything of that anyway. I mean we've all got plenty of BOs, you only need 4 for away teams and 5 at skillcap to man your ship. With Season 2 you get an extra clothing slot anyway, and an extra ship slot.

I honestly don't see the use of any of those new features to tell you all the truth...
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's NOT switching bfrom "Everything Account Wide" to "Everything Per Character" at all. Seriously, the ONLY things that are character only atm (aside from renames and respecs which do make sense; and which other MMOs charge $15.00 per character on - WoW in particular) at of today are:

Extra BO slots (and BOs DO take up a fair amout of storage space so $2.50 a pop imo is reasonable)
Extra Ship slots (see above)
Extra Costume slots (and on this one I actually agree - it shopuld be account with as costume data ain't that much)

EVERYTHING ELSE is STILL account wide. So sorry, I don't see hoe 3 new items that are per character suddenly = EVERYTHING going per character.

IMO - people need to learn to pick their battles and noyt go into major nerdrage hyperbole on EVERY change Crytic does to the C-Store or the game - and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. It's getting ridiculous.

Explain the pricing compared to a new character slot. Lets use the 2 characters for 500 poitns.

Thats 250 per cahracter and each character comes with 3 costume slots, 8(?) ship slots and like 10 Boff slots. All together we are looking at 21 slots divided by 250 points. Not even counting the additional database requirements of the captain itself that comes to 12 cryptic points per slot. They are trying to charge us 200 points a slot now.

This isn't a database pricing issue. This is a scam.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
...IMO - people need to learn to pick their battles and noyt go into major nerdrage hyperbole on EVERY change Crytic does to the C-Store or the game - and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. It's getting ridiculous.
some would argue: that Cryptic needs to pick thier marketing plans and not get thier customer base so worked up over poorly planned practices..... and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. it's getting rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
We are cryptic, your money is ours
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
some would argue: that Cryptic needs to pick thier marketing plans and not get thier customer base so worked up over poorly planned practices..... and lately no matter what they do, that's what's been happening. it's getting rediculous.
The only problem with this is that the customer base gets worked up every time the sun rises.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
Thing is ... the Galaxy X's presence IN-GAME would seem to suggest that particular move was successful.

I see a LOT of those ships. All over the place. Someone bought them. It wasn't me. I don't particularly like how it looks. It was you all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
agreed the devs are the victims of Atari.
i actually don't think so.

Most 'owned' companies are told to make budget and profit margins. They then do what they need to to make that happen.

Somehow I doubt that Atari sets C-store prices... Cryptic is hitting a wall with profit in the game. This is plain to see from the 'sales' happening at regular intervals, items popping in the c-store on a more regular basis than real updates, and the pure money making 'greed' that they are now showing...

This is wide eyed frantic money grabbing now...whether you love it or not, or accept it or not is irrelevant, but lets all call it what it is. blood is in the water, money is needed...and fast.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
I don't even see why anyone would buy anything of that anyway. I mean we've all got plenty of BOs, you only need 4 for away teams and 5 at skillcap to man your ship. With Season 2 you get an extra clothing slot anyway, and an extra ship slot.

I honestly don't see the use of any of those new features to tell you all the truth...
Exactly this... who needs this?

I don't even use all of my boffs slots.. 3 are empty... same for custume slots... if i want to change it i change it and you always could save you old one... Shipslots are also more then enough there.. or are you keeping your starter ship and every other ship you ever gained? Quite wastefull...

People go nuts over nothing....

Its like people complain cryptic forces you to spend money in the store... yet i havn't spent a single dime in the store... im "pawning" galaxy x with no problem all the the other stuff is fluff, which im not interested in anyway.
Closed Thread