Lt. Commander
We've asked for it before and cryptic said they'd look into it but never got back to us. Now 2 crew slots are on sale in the C-Store on a per character basis and it's like a kick in the shins to those of us who were hoping for non-generic bridge officers.

And what about ship interiors? Do we have to look like a visitor in our own ships?

What I would like to propose is a crew uniform tab in the character status window not unlike the crew uniform tab in the fleet window. This would free us from several things like having to customise the uniform of every one of our bridge crew every time we decide to make a change as well as automatically insert new crew, summonable security officers (Including the ones for the Diplo mission on Vulcan and Bajor), and generic crewmembers into the uniforms.

The crew uniform tab would have examples for Command, Operations and Sciences and male / female variants so that generic crew and officers would automatically be inserted into the appropriate colours. (Though it would be nice to set 2 for females so they could randomly wear skirts or trousers as acceptable duty uniforms.)

There would also be a drop down for each uniform you specify for your own toon in order to automatically switch the entire crew to the appropriate uniform when the captain switches uniforms.*

*An exception would be made for off-duty clothes, where the crew would remain in the last uniform the captain selected.

=edit=

Of course it goes without saying that you would be able to edit your bridge officers to be a little more unique, such as making one of your science officers wear teal to represent medical instead of science. Or making one of your tactical officers wear yellow for security (or red for security if using TOS outfits)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Yes, crew uniforms would be nice.
However i see a big problem making it work.
The species specific custom options.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
There does need to be a few more options, for instance i use STO colours on my Bridge officers AND TNG era colours, so my officers have one of: Red for Tactical, Blue for Sciences and Gold for Engineering plus every one also has one of : Gold for Operations, Red for Command, and Blue for Sciences, and Voy/DS9 Teal for Medical.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
I'd love a global uniform option. Just set and forget. That way everyone on your bridge has the same uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Yes, crew uniforms would be nice.
However i see a big problem making it work.
The species specific custom options.
There aren't any species specific uniform options that can't be overcome. The third costume creation screen is uniform only and the only species specifics on there shouldn't have any bearing on the clothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm hung up on the "per character" basis. Uniform slot, crew slots, and ship slots should be account upgrades, not character upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
I'm hung up on the "per character" basis. Uniform slot, crew slots, and ship slots should be account upgrades, not character upgrades.
I'm trying not to think too hard about that. Since they seem to be ignoring, or just choosing not to reply to the other forums, I'll just vote with my wallet by not buying the per character junk.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
What I'd like is a clientside setting that will allow all non-player starfleet personnel to wear a particular uniform, whether part of your crew or not.

If it's clientside, it isn't going to affect anyone else, and it creates a sense of uniformity that is lacking for many players.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
/major_bump

This idea has been oft suggested and it's time to see it implemented. The only possible issue is the storage space ... have to add enough storage for six uniforms per character but I doubt that's much of a requirement... few kB each???
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
What I'd like is a clientside setting that will allow all non-player starfleet personnel to wear a particular uniform, whether part of your crew or not.

If it's clientside, it isn't going to affect anyone else, and it creates a sense of uniformity that is lacking for many players.
That's an awesome uniform idea, too. I wouldn't mind seeing all of the Starfleet personnel wearing my uniform. Would be a bit weird to see them change when I did, but hey, still neato. xD