Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I just canceled my sub, over this ****.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Cryptic, just get on here and say it was a typo and the marketing guy who did the website has been shoved in the agonizer till you get the fixes in already.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Buy More Stuff
07-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm sure that we'll soon see lots of other stuff come up on the C-Store: Energy Credits, Bank Slots, Special Ships (...!), and other useful stuff. Why not? If people are buying then Cryptic would be fools not to be selling.

I for one really only operate one character. I have two spares I created on a lark and to test Klingon stuff, but frankly there's not enough content to make one character very interesting. Is there something I've missed? I've hit virtually every episode that is thrown my way, and certainly all of the story stuff, and I still had to "grind" to make RA5. I don't see a "per character" purchase as being any different from a "per account" one. That's just me, though.

In any case, I already paid for the game. I pay a monthly service fee. I've paid for extras in the C-Store. I'm pretty much done with paying to accessorize my character rather than develop him.

-S
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Although not etched in stone, this is not very promising and would explain a great many things:

http://www.massively.com/2010/07/15/...oing-freemium/

It may also be one of the reasons Craig left.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanMoldovia View Post
I just canceled my sub, over this ****.
lets see, You had a "join date" of 6-16-10, and today is 7-15-10. Sounds more like you were already leaving the game, since you only used your free month.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
"Red-Alert, all Hands to battlestations, Captain Zodi to the bridge!"

Captain Zodi arrives on the bridge.

"Report Commander."

Commander Tyco reports "Klingons 9 km off the starboard bow."

"Arm Phaser banks, fire quantum torpedoes, full spread."

Commander Tyco looks confused. "I'm sorry sir, but we are recieving an error."

"What seems to be the problem Commander?"

Commander Tyco responds "Sir, it says we have exhausted our compliment of torpedoes and our phaser banks are depleted. It will cost us 1500 C-Store Points to replenish. Do you wish to do so now?"

"Lt. Maka, signal the Klingons. We surrender."

You know, the funny thing is that I can actually see someone, not neccessarily Cryptic, adopting something similar to what you're joking about.

Meaning, very cheap in game transactions for things like ammo, food etc...that automatically get charged to the card used for the subscription.

Alot of people will spend alot, when they think it's just 50 cents here, $1 there, just like in real life. Then the CC bill comes.

No need to pre buy any points anymore, all in game auto transactions.

yay!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo64 View Post
lets see, You had a "join date" of 6-16-10, and today is 7-15-10. Sounds more like you were already leaving the game, since you only used your free month.
There's no need for that, many people use the 'free' 30 days MMOGs give to test how a game is and first impressions count a lot. If you had bought the game recently and saw all the complaints about things like this I imagine you'd be either put off subscribing or at the very least concerned over where this is all headed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo64 View Post
So, what?

Are you mad that he/she is getting out ahead where you aren't?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Information concerning the new additions to the C-Store has been updated. Please direct your feedback Here.
Closed Thread