Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I sincerely applaud Dstahl in his efforts to make the community happy, but the fact is that the C-Store needs to be stocked with nothing but fluff and the game that we all paid for back in February has a lot of missing things that some of us are flat out just not going to pay for.

If Dstahl is really watching what is going on here, please pass the following on to the "C-Store Dept."

The Way STO Feels...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I recall reading in a previous thread that purchases made from the C-Store helps with development - although I don't remember the particular specifics of how much of what percent of C-Store purchases actually ends up in development. So, if the C-Store were only stocked with "fluff" items, which by the way, could mean something completely different from one person to the next, there wouldn't be a lot of extra funds going into development. In fact, we all know that the developers are working within a very restrictive, almost laughable, budgetary constraints, so taking away revenue that could potentially lead to increasing that budget is foolish in the long run.

While I certainly don't feel like Cryptic is as sinister as a few of you make them out to be, I do agree that there should be options for players who don't have the finiancial means to purchase particular items from the C-Store, like as was mentioned before in other threads, using in-game merits to offset some, if not all, of the costs.

I think there is room for compromise between providing an additional revenue source that is funneled directly back into development while maintaining the integrity of the game in regards to player access to high-end items.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
I sincerely applaud Dstahl in his efforts to make the community happy, but the fact is that the C-Store needs to be stocked with nothing but fluff and the game that we all paid for back in February has a lot of missing things that some of us are flat out just not going to pay for.

If Dstahl is really watching what is going on here, please pass the following on to the "C-Store Dept."

The Way STO Feels...
Hi Mark and Co.

I see a lot of praised toward Mr Stahl for trying to make this another C store "event" a bit less painful for players...like if he was a mediator, yeah right...with all my respect... who do you think has the final word in STO, set the trend etc...the Exclusive producer or the C store team (which most likely is just a wonky name to call a meeting of some of the dev, artist etc..maybe all of them..with Mr Stahl at the end of the table).

Don t get me wrong i appreciate Mr Stahl communication skills and his will to share info to the community..but at the end of the day.... he s aware of what s going on around and allocates tasks to his team....He agreed to put these BO/Ships etc slots on the C store or maybe it was his own idea due to budget constrain.
I can only hope they were expected this type of outrage about the C store...but as someone said in another post...they must be testing the market...see how much they can push our tolerance and wallet depth. Some people have already bought for more than 1200 points of additional slots for one character....so there is a market...

Very interesting... when you cryptic guys make the decision to add something into the C store...i can only wish someone would think about repercussions...and if they(the players) don t like it what are we going to do? any plan B or just let s see what a going to happen?

after all they are running a business...their goal is to make money...not to entertain us.... their medium is STO... they will try to maximize as much as possible from any particular object/project while trying to keep a good image.... start high then come down to some kind of agreement/compromise.

PS: great link Mark... right in the bullseye... thank you for the laugh
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
If the price is right then ill buy em , Yes we need more content Yes we need more options and god i hope they are working on it. Do you really think that your 14.99 a month is goin to pay for all that and keep the lights on.
They have not put anything that is game breaking in the c store and they say they wont So whats the problem?
The ships are not game breaking get over it .
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
If the price is right then ill buy em , Yes we need more content Yes we need more options and god i hope they are working on it. Do you really think that your 14.99 a month is goin to pay for all that and keep the lights on.
They have not put anything that is game breaking in the c store and they say they wont So whats the problem?
The ships are not game breaking get over it .
While your idea is duly noted, I must confess that I as well feel uncomfortable paying an exorbitant sum in cryptic points just to fly a ship with a special power. They sure wont do that for the refits being released...That being said...this is no refit but is special.

I say that if they are to charge us hundreds or thousands of cryptic points..then It should be an account wide purchase and NOT limited to one character...but then again, who knows...they're so cryptic about their current thoughts about pricing...