Lt. Commander
# 21
07-16-2010, 09:34 AM
game does need some kind off meta game where systems are captured and give bonuses for control . but open pvp for the sake off it is FAIL in every mmo it has been tried in
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore
game does need some kind off meta game where systems are captured and give bonuses for control . but open pvp for the sake off it is FAIL in every mmo it has been tried in
It worked great in Star Wars Galaxies tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Competition over systems would be good. I favor a system with rewards, that requires both ground and space PvP, and I'd like to see it tied into a crafting system.

I think they should tie the rewards for that competition into a unique crafting system where one can build rare items with specific buffs, so that Klingons would have access to a crafting system. The faction that controls the planet has access to the crafting system. The crafting system should also have a tax - set by the fleet that owns the system - so that the fleet in ownership must spend to defend the planet they own - but the cost of high taxes is fewer purchases. This would add a give and take player controlled minigame to the entire system.

There should be 6 systems competed for, each system would have crafting specific to one energy type (phaser, disruptor, polaron, etc..). Each system should be competed for every 2 weeks, with 3 systems each weak. Fleets must sign up ahead of time at the system members of their fleet can compete in, and only one system per week per fleet. In theory, a fleet could own up to 2 systems, unless that is somehow forbidden by mechanics.

The cost to attack / defend a system should be high - for example, the equipment in a starbase, npc ships, npc ground folks, turrets, etc... should be allowed to be purchased. I'm a General / Vice Admiral - allow me to hire a bunch of NPCs to command in battle.

Allow us to spend our extra badges/marks/etc on our military forces - thus give us a reason to earn badges/marks/etc.. during the week.

That is the flavor of open PvP I favor anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore
thats not a metagame, that's a territory control system. STO already does have a metagame.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Let me raid K7, plain and simple. I can solo all those NPCs with my Bat'Leth.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
Teach me ground jedi to become a master at ground pvp?!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
I'll respec for that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Make all the PVP zones into War Zones.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
It worked great in Star Wars Galaxies tbh.
pre cu has a temperory enemy flag system and only unlocked jedi where flagged permanently . so yea i agree it was successfull but i wouldent call the old swg system true open pvp =)

no comment really on NGE even if i have beleave it tor not an active account yet lol =p