Lt. Commander
# 1 How About This....
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
alot of talk going around about sub's,C-store, Free To Play, etc - lets talk about some solutions.....

STO LifeTime Sub's - all content free! Including Pre-order stuff
STO Regular Subscribers - all content free! Only pre-orders that they don't already own, available in C-store.
STO Free Players - access to 40% of the missions, one ship per class - and everything else in C-store.

also anyone who pays to play, gets a "moon" emote that aims your captains rear end @ the nearest free player and drops trou..... too much?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmouseX View Post
alot of talk going around about sub's,C-store, Free To Play, etc - lets talk about some solutions.....

STO LifeTime Sub's - all content free! Including Pre-order stuff
STO Regular Subscribers - all content free! Only pre-orders that they don't already own, available in C-store.
STO Free Players - access to 40% of the missions, one ship per class - and everything else in C-store.

also anyone who pays to play, gets a "moon" emote that aims your captains rear end @ the nearest free player and drops trou..... too much?
Windows are too small and if you stick your butt out the window, you will get sucked into space. other than there is no difference between a lifetimer and a regular subscriber.

free players. meh, do whatever you want with them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
How about people just quit whining and don't buy anything they don't want. For those of us who don't mind paying for something, we can and will. I'm a Pre-Order/Lifer and I've already spent around 5000 CP. I don't mind buying something if I want it.

I'm sick of people complaining when they charge for something. They are making a very large game that has probably the biggest fan base in the world. It's not going to be perfect, and there will always be people that go unsatisfied. People need to grow up, if it isn't to your satisfaction, nobody is MAKING you play. Cryptic is doing their best to bring us the best possible game for us to play. It hasn't even been a year yet and people can't accept what we already have. They are doing their best with what they have. I say bravo, and I look forward to future updates.

Thank you Cryptic for what you've brought us thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Well if you really want them to cut back on the C-store items, then they could also change their income model to be more like other MMO's in which all new content is released in expansions which cost almost as much as a full game, and is required to play.

Honestly, I'm glad that they use the c-store and give most of the content free as patches and upgrades to the game with out forcing me to pay more then a simple subscription fee. Honestly, all the items to hit the C-store have not been required to play, so having to pay a little for some extra content is a nice way to give players some extra stuff and ensure the team has money to put into developing other game content that will be released for free.