Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Im sorry Cryptic
07-17-2010, 09:23 PM
First off I don't want this to be a flame post or anything.

Cryptic I have always been a Star Trek fan. I have loved the idea of this game since i first heard about it. Was sad when it first got cancled then happy when you guys picked it up. I been in the closed beta, open beta, and have had my membership since the start.

I loved this game till I ranked up to the max. Since then I well I just don't enjoy it and have not played it.

For me there is just nothing to do that entertains me its just the same old things getting added on. I stopped playing a little before season 1 came out but figured i would stick around to give it a shot. I never enjoyed anythign the Raids felt like a chore, the looks was boring cause everyone gets the same stuff.

There is just nothing to make me feel special I want gear and loot that I get that other people are like WTF were did you get that. I want PVP that matters I want something like SFC3 were we have a map that we fight for control of.

I want to go out hunting Klinks and attacking them on site for being in the netural zone. I want to be reward for doing nothing but PVP I want my own gear to wear so that everyone knows hey this guy is a PVP Champ.

I want a reason to do Daily missions over and over, instead of marks for the same gear everyone gets. I want a 1 and 500 chance that I get some kick ass armor that looks different then everyone else has.

I have tried cryptic, I keep my membership even after not playing. I lied to my wife and told her I played when she was not there. I did this with the hope that something would change and keep me involed in this game. This season was not it maybe next there will be something I enjoy and I will check it out then. Till then I wish you guys the best of luck and Please don't fail this game with all my heart I want it to be great.

Im sorry guys its just time for me to go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerfett View Post

Im sorry guys its just time for me to go.
here is what you need to do. I did this and it did wonders.

Take a break. cut yourself off from all things STO and take a three or four month break. I'm not kidding, after the sale gate thing I could not get myself to log in so I took a two and a half month break. one day I got a feeling that I should check out the game, and now I'm logging in nearly every day. ( unless I have a lot of stuff in real life getting in the way ) the best part is I'm having fun.

in your case I would take a three month or four month break. use your computers calender to set up a date to come back to STO. November 20 would be a good date because it is 4 months from now. So set this up to go off as a reminder, and then I want you to delete STO form your system. after you have done that then do not check the forums, or follow any of the updates. after those four months are over come back and check out the game.

trust me I did this and it did wonders. give it a try, and maybe start today.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
here is what you need to do. I did this and it did wonders.

Take a break. cut yourself off from all things STO and take a three or four month break. I'm not kidding, after the sale gate thing I could not get myself to log in so I took a two and a half month break. one day I got a feeling that I should check out the game, and now I'm logging in nearly every day. ( unless I have a lot of stuff in real life getting in the way ) the best part is I'm having fun.

in your case I would take a three month or four month break. use your computers calender to set up a date to come back to STO. November 20 would be a good date because it is 4 months from now. So set this up to go off as a reminder, and then I want you to delete STO form your system. after you have done that then do not check the forums, or follow any of the updates. after those four months are over come back and check out the game.

trust me I did this and it did wonders. give it a try, and maybe start today.
Quoted for truth.

I did just that as well....


4 out of 5 doctors recommend.



.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
I wish ya the best man. STO will be here when ya get back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
here is what you need to do. I did this and it did wonders.

Take a break. cut yourself off from all things STO and take a three or four month break. I'm not kidding, after the sale gate thing I could not get myself to log in so I took a two and a half month break. one day I got a feeling that I should check out the game, and now I'm logging in nearly every day. ( unless I have a lot of stuff in real life getting in the way ) the best part is I'm having fun.

in your case I would take a three month or four month break. use your computers calender to set up a date to come back to STO. November 20 would be a good date because it is 4 months from now. So set this up to go off as a reminder, and then I want you to delete STO form your system. after you have done that then do not check the forums, or follow any of the updates. after those four months are over come back and check out the game.

trust me I did this and it did wonders. give it a try, and maybe start today.
I was suprised how well this works! I did the same thing...almost. I kept logging in to patch and that was it. I stayed off of the forums and didn't read anything related to STO. I even re-subbed my SWG account to pass the time. I came back about two weeks ago and I look forward to logging everyday now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
I was suprised how well this works! I did the same thing...almost. I kept logging in to patch and that was it. I stayed off of the forums and didn't read anything related to STO. I even re-subbed my SWG account to pass the time. I came back about two weeks ago and I look forward to logging everyday now.
Perhaps you have found the secret to eternal happiness....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I wish you the best of luck and I would have to say I agree with Zodi and the others though i only took a month and a half off. I am having a lot of fun with it now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
I was suprised how well this works! I did the same thing...almost. I kept logging in to patch and that was it. I stayed off of the forums and didn't read anything related to STO. I even re-subbed my SWG account to pass the time. I came back about two weeks ago and I look forward to logging everyday now.
it's crazy, and it works. I myself resubed EVE ( I played for one day, and i mined for one day lol ) but mostly I played single player games like fallout 3, and other fun open world games. but when I came back it was fun.

I hope the OP gets the message that we are saying. ( OP lets us know )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerfett View Post
First off I don't want this to be a flame post or anything.

Cryptic I have always been a Star Trek fan. I have loved the idea of this game since i first heard about it. Was sad when it first got cancled then happy when you guys picked it up. I been in the closed beta, open beta, and have had my membership since the start.

I loved this game till I ranked up to the max. Since then I well I just don't enjoy it and have not played it.

For me there is just nothing to do that entertains me its just the same old things getting added on. I stopped playing a little before season 1 came out but figured i would stick around to give it a shot. I never enjoyed anythign the Raids felt like a chore, the looks was boring cause everyone gets the same stuff.

There is just nothing to make me feel special I want gear and loot that I get that other people are like WTF were did you get that. I want PVP that matters I want something like SFC3 were we have a map that we fight for control of.

I want to go out hunting Klinks and attacking them on site for being in the netural zone. I want to be reward for doing nothing but PVP I want my own gear to wear so that everyone knows hey this guy is a PVP Champ.

I want a reason to do Daily missions over and over, instead of marks for the same gear everyone gets. I want a 1 and 500 chance that I get some kick ass armor that looks different then everyone else has.

I have tried cryptic, I keep my membership even after not playing. I lied to my wife and told her I played when she was not there. I did this with the hope that something would change and keep me involed in this game. This season was not it maybe next there will be something I enjoy and I will check it out then. Till then I wish you guys the best of luck and Please don't fail this game with all my heart I want it to be great.

Im sorry guys its just time for me to go.
\

That's the problem with new MMO's. I remember when EQ1 first came out. IT sucked. But after a year or so, it became the most popular MMO played.

Until WOW.

I have a feeling this game will be in the top 5 MMO's. In time. You just wait and see.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.