Lt. Commander
# 11
07-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Listen, Why dont they just add it to the game instead of the store? The people who come up with the stuff for the C-store are still going to be designing more cool content, etc. Theres no point to charge for it. Until someone can explain that, I see no reason for the store.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
Data storage cost nothing or close to it really so that is no esxcuuse (character+ stuff is a few mb at best)
the cost to store somthing is small yes, but to make sure that data dosnt disapear,maintanace etc. all adds up...
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2010, 03:52 AM
really data storage cost are minimal on all fronts if the system you have behind it is solid.

as for charging they charge to get more money they can use for equipment + more personel and thus get more content done and improve the game. Cryptic is not that big and I can understand they need it.

Unlike WoW for example that earns around 1.5 bilion euro a year just froms subs alone I couldn;t
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-18-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Data storage cost nothing or close to it really so that is no esxcuuse (character+ stuff is a few mb at best)
on the captains list there are currently around 650'000 captains. as people tend not to delete them over the next 10 years how large do you think that number could get to

each one can hold a main character, 8 ships, 10 active bos and around 10 inactive bos. and all the inventory they can hold, plus costume slots etc.

even if its its just a few mb (and i suspect it probably more but i dont know for certain), giving us two or three times as many slots and we will be taking up a huge amount of space
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
really data storage cost are minimal on all fronts if the system you have behind it is solid.

as for charging they charge to get more money they can use for equipment + more personel and thus get more content done and improve the game. Cryptic is not that big and I can understand they need it.

Unlike WoW for example that earns around 1.5 bilion euro a year just froms subs alone I couldn;t
lol...on a large scale (like a game) storage costs do hike up... wether you want to belive that or not.

as for WOW, how many years they been going now? close to 9? hmmm your comparing almost a decade of added content to a game that aint even a year old...

ill happily bet my house, that blizz/wow wasnt earning that much in there first year...
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagikz View Post
Listen, Why dont they just add it to the game instead of the store? The people who come up with the stuff for the C-store are still going to be designing more cool content, etc. Theres no point to charge for it. Until someone can explain that, I see no reason for the store.
computer games cost millions to make. to hire new people, pay overtime, to get new tech, pay the legal costs for licences, to get new software, server maintenance everything. more money means they can add more stuff

if they stop charging us for the c-store they get less money and have less funds to do stuff quickly.

we would probably still get the nebula without the c-store but there is no telling when it would come
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
First, a little information.

I have been hanging out here since August 2008, I played open Beta, early release and I pre-ordered the game before it was released to the public. We were well informed that there would be a C-store in the game before the game was available for purchase and knowing that, I still purchased the pre-order game as well as the pre-order LTS. There are a few things in the C-store that I purchased because I thought they would be nice to have, there are certain thing in the C-store that I do not want at all.

You are not required to purchase anything in the C-store. You can still make Admiral and beyond without making a C-store purchase. You can play all the missions without buying anything from the C-store. Your dog will not die if you don't purchase items from the C-store. And your family will still love you if you do not buy things from the C-store.

Now for my questions...

Why was this not put in the proper forum? The C-store forum is a better place to put feedback for this type of thing.

If you were opposed to the C-store why did you buy the game?

Do you really think that they will get rid of the C-store?

How does the C-store give someone an advantage?

Do you write long letters to the cable company (I pay you every month for my service, but I don't get the PPV movies for free. I feel ripped off) ?

Honestly....the C-store will not go away, it was planned before the game began. No amount of text will get it removed, It is ok if you don't like it for whatever reason (can't afford it, morally opposed to it, mom won't let you have it). But it is here to stay.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
computer games cost millions to make. to hire new people, pay overtime, to get new tech, pay the legal costs for licences, to get new software, server maintenance everything. more money means they can add more stuff

if they stop charging us for the c-store they get less money and have less funds to do stuff quickly.

we would probably still get the nebula without the c-store but there is no telling when it would come
i agree with you on nearly everything you said thus far, but some of the stuff that is in the c-store should of been in the game at launch, mainly races and ships... but on the other hand some stuff should belong in the c-store. like character,ship slots etc... basicly nothing that is "content"
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-18-2010, 03:59 AM
I'll begin the sermon for my computer then, the funeral will be the day season 2 is released. (Death by 3 1/2 lbs Collin's Michigan Axe)
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagikz View Post
I'll begin the sermon for my computer then, the funeral will be the day season 2 is released. (Death by 3 1/2 lbs Collin's Michigan Axe)
or you can just send me your machine, can allways use spare parts