Lt. Commander
Long ago, before reaching Rear Admiral for the first time, I was under the false impression that both Federation and Klingon Captains would be able to work cooperatively on the end-game STF missions. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing some of the very same characters I had met and sparred with in PvP combat, and saw this as an excellent opportunity to make Klingons a more viable alt character. I was very disappointed to learn that although they could both participate in the same STF missions, teams of Feds and Klingons had to remain entirely separate from one another, unable to combine their ranks to form a team. This is truly a missed opportunity to provide advanced end-game co-op missions to offset the competitive PVP environment.

If Cryptic is looking for more end-game content as well as a happier Klingon Playerbase, they need to reconfigure the STFs to allow inter-factional gameplay. It’s already difficult to get a group of five people together to do the STFs depending on what time of day you are available to play, let alone being able to locate five players of the same faction. Think of how nice it would be to expand your options across factions! If you think there’s a shortage of active Klingon players now, just wait until the next faction is added … OR … expand the STFs and perhaps one day we will see Feds, Klingons, and Romulans working together against a common enemy. In my mind, this is the only way to reward end-game players with multi-factional characters while making STF grouping a much more pleasant (and varied) experience.

Anyway, if you feel as strongly as I do about making this a reality, then please /sign here. I would hope this can be a source of ideas and suggestions for ways to make this work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry - I didn't see the other thread that was created. Thanx for the link!

Great minds and all