Lt. Commander
# 1 Accolade Points and Trophies
07-18-2010, 12:37 PM
i would like to see a new NPC on sol that offers a trophy store that would allow us to trade accolade points for a variety of special trophies that we can purchase to further customize our ships' interiors. The current selection of trophies are great. Those were earned by completing specific tasks and missions. But, why couldn't we for instance "purchase" a vulcan idict to place on a shelf or hang on the wall. Maybe i like blades and swords. What if i have an interest in 20th century pop culture memorbilia? i'd love to have a jukebox, or a television, or even a marilyn monroe lithograph on my wall. The possibilites are endless. I'd like to beable to put these trophies in my Captain's Quarters or even be able to give one to my bridge officers as a gift (of course they would need to have their own quarters as well). Well that's my idea. What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I like the overall idea, I just don't like needing to use accolade points as currency. There is a limited supply of accolade points so that means there is a limited amount of items we could purchase. Energy Credits are probably the best way to do this, or one shop sells them for Energy Credits the other sells them for accolade points. I do like the idea, and I am sure it is something that Cryptic plans on implementing. It is a lot more work for them so for now I am just happy we have interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Champions online does something very similar to that with there accolade's i loved it and would support this in game. They way that got around the lack of accolade points was make certain accolades repeatable especially the kill ones and that seemed to work out just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM
A great idea. But not quite ready for implementation yet. The interiors look great. But are still very basic. The devs need more time to flesh out their functionality better. (I.E. ... activate poker tables ... activate the mini games in engineering and sick bay ... make more shelf space and display areas ... and basically do any and all other really cool ideas to make the interiors more usable and more spiffy).

Once they do that, your idea is going to rock. Because there'll be more functionality and it will fit better to take more advantage of that idea.

So don't take this wrong at all. I like your idea. And think it will work great with interiors. I just don't think the interiors themselves are complete enough to accomodate your idea just yet.