Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Atari is in charge of marketing. A totally separate team than the dev team.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Why the C-Store will always be a major focus . . . because Cryptic knows Trek fans will pay extra for even the most trivial of trek baubles. My prediction for when Ship Interiors go live . . . all the neat little items used to decorate your quarters and ready rooms will be C-store items.

Why ST:O will never go F2P + micro transactions . . . one of the biggest incentives for a MMO to go F2P is dwindling population. But, with ST:O, even if there were only 5 people left playing there would be little incentive to stimulate a population surge with free accounts since ST:O is, in essence, a single player game played alongside other players. If tomorow, for instance, all log ins were disabled except for mine, I wonder how long it would take me to notice I was the only person logged in.

With such a focus on C-store transactions as well as monthly fees, I'd feel a lot more appreciated as a paying customer if my monthly fee awared me a few, free C-points each month. Nothing major, just a little kickback that I could save up over my paid time to cash in on a small item from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdere View Post
If you support Stahl to have a way of not paying for the new standard ships please say so.
I agree.

Also, I understand what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Quote:
If you support Stahl to have a way of not paying for the new standard ships please say so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Yes, its called a monthly fee.
You pay Cryptic $15 a month or so, they create new content for us to use. Ppl are acting like this is a free game or something...
DOMT nailed it in one. Subscription fees.
I don't mind paying for "special" ships (galx,ret-defiant), but simple new additions to the standard line within a faction should just be added straight to the game so I can select them like any other.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Now per character highly priced c-store additions on the back of this and all the rest. How much are we remaining players willing to put with? We really need some united action. Maybe some of the veterans here can work together to create a thread that isn't sent offtopic immediately or hijacked.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Now per character highly priced c-store additions on the back of this and all the rest. How much are we remaining players willing to put with? We really need some united action. Maybe some of the veterans here can work together to create a thread that isn't sent offtopic immediately or hijacked.
As Ive said a few times, we are all pretty much outnumbered 1000 to one by the people that dont read the forums and have the money to shell out for hundreds of dollars worth of pixels, and about 500 to one by the ones with the money to buy pixels that still come here and scream about it.

and still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Yes, its called a monthly fee.
You pay Cryptic $15 a month or so, they create new content for us to use. Ppl are acting like this is a free game or something...
lol didnt see Roach's post till after I posted