Lt. Commander
# 141
07-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad68 View Post
Turbine took care of their lifers by automatically making them a LOTRO VIP which gives them unlimited access to all premium content, receive priority server access, extra character slots, a shared bank slot, and a monthly allotment of points to spend in the new LOTRO Store. I think they are also still Lifers.
I expect the same from cryptic if they change their model
Lt. Commander
# 142
07-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauwyn_Vorec
I...Lifers in that game are just covering their eyes and going with the flow.
I uncovered my eyes long enough to read your message -- wish I hadn't.

But if going with the flow means I can use my free monthly alotment of Turbine points to buy expansions and never have to pay real money again, then yes, I'm going with the flow.

As for the community -- it's what we make of it. My kinship won't accept rude people. So there's really no downside.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 143
07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
any chance of seeing ship designs or alien races from other ST games in the futue?
Lt. Commander
# 144
07-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekvin85 View Post
any chance of seeing ship designs or alien races from other ST games in the futue?
This could be a fiasco or require licensing rights. For instance, I want the Hydrians from Starfleet Command, which in turn was based off Starfleet Battles. However, the Hydrians would require licensing from To owner of the Trademark for Starfleet Battles (and probably CBS).

Personalyl I think there are enough races in ST to kill a horse. Lets have them do the major races as playable first then move to some of the obscure races like Hydrians

Hellfire off the port side!

Blakinik
Lt. Commander
# 145
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I could easily see STO going into a hybrid model similar to what Lotro is doing. In that model, subscriptions stay as is - but you allow people to play for free but heavily limit what they can do - which in essence creates a robust way to demo the game and then if you want to keep playing, you either pay for every little thing you are interested in, or you subscribe and don't have to worry about it.

Turbine seems to have some interesting plans and looking at how DDO has turned around, its worth taking note.
i have now seen 3 german pages who took this posting almost out of context and said that STO is possibly / probably going F2P.

http://www.pcgames.de/Star-Trek-Onli...Online-763950/

http://www.buffed.de/buffed/news/156...d-Free-To-Play

http://www.treknews.de/treknews/news...1154767669.php

Lt. Commander
# 146
07-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Wish it was englsh lol
Lt. Commander
# 148
07-18-2010, 02:35 PM
OW my brains lol

Quote:
LOL are now out of "what if" knit community contributions of dStahl "News" and then diligently copied from one to Andren News page.

Well if you have any news which makes you just * eye roll *

Makes better times for the Season 2.0 update a report on 27 soll. to come.
Lt. Commander
# 149
07-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
OW my brains lol
lolol

...well now you know how it feels like if you play STO with german text ;P
Lt. Commander
# 150
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Greatest thing since sliced bread is the translation matrices