Lt. Commander
While playing a space combat mission where I was getting my butt handed to me by NPCs, I thought of this idea. (Forgive me if it's been mentioned before.)

It would be a really neat feature if you could make a distress call while in a mission. Doing so would place an icon on the sector map indicating that someone is requesting help in a particular system. People flying around in sector space would see the icon while flying by, and could offer assistance. Once a player flew to the system, they'd be given the option to enter the system normally, or "Respond to Distress Call." Selecting that option would bring the player into the same instance as the player who made the distress call, and they'd automatically become part of a team.

In order to prevent everyone from just clicking "Send Distress Call" as soon as they enter a level, a threshold could be set for when the function becomes active. (Something like, you have to die 3 times before you can make a distress call, or something.)

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith1977 View Post
While playing a space combat mission where I was getting my butt handed to me by NPCs, I thought of this idea. (Forgive me if it's been mentioned before.)

It would be a really neat feature if you could make a distress call while in a mission. Doing so would place an icon on the sector map indicating that someone is requesting help in a particular system. People flying around in sector space would see the icon while flying by, and could offer assistance. Once a player flew to the system, they'd be given the option to enter the system normally, or "Respond to Distress Call." Selecting that option would bring the player into the same instance as the player who made the distress call, and they'd automatically become part of a team.

In order to prevent everyone from just clicking "Send Distress Call" as soon as they enter a level, a threshold could be set for when the function becomes active. (Something like, you have to die 3 times before you can make a distress call, or something.)

Thoughts?
Hey that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2010, 08:33 PM
It might even make sense for the "Send Distress Call" function to be part of the "Respawn" popup once you die 'x' times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2010, 08:43 PM
I support this idea. Hopefully the devs will see this and consider it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2010, 04:47 AM
I support this idea
Lt. Commander
# 6 cool
07-19-2010, 06:52 AM
just one word for this idea - Cool -
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Agreed, seems usefull
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Might even give us stray RAs wandering about space something to do !! <laughing>
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
/signed I fully support this I hope the Devs take note
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I posted this thread in the General Gameplay thread as well after I realized it wasn't really Federation specific. Someone on that thread pointed out that "Send Distress Call" would get overly used in Fleet Actions and I tend to agree. So I think it would make sense to limit "Send Distress Call" to non-Fleet Actions.