Lt. Commander
# 41
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Defiant cloak is coming - nothing can be done about it. If they have also un-nerfed MES, then it seems to me that PVP will become a slow, submarine-like hunting affair. Which could be cool. It could also be real boring.

The question that keeps nagging at me, though, is that after the Feds get their cloak(s) and still continue to get steamrolled in PVP by the Klingons, what will they then blame it all on? Battlecloak? BoP universal stations? Better turn rates?

It's funny to me because, with my Fed Sci/Sci alt, I have no problem finding, exposing, and killing cloaked Klingons. But, I guess that for most Feds, Sensor Scan is just too precious as a DPS enhancer to ever waste searching for cloaked enemies. It's sad that they have to break canon and introduce something as stupid as mass-cloaking for Feds just so they can feel more competitive against the "OP" Klingons, when the very tools to balance it all were already in the game.

The only thing that sucks in an FvK Arena (for me) is that once a Fed dies, they have a hard time regrouping and preparing for the next wave of battle. If they just created dedicated Fed/Klingon spawn points and loaded them up with turrets, like Capture and Hold, it'd be much easier to regroup, and would go a long ways towards balancing things out, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You will be happy to here that MES has been "unnerfed" again. MES 3 on Tribble is supposed to generate a cloak as powerful as regular cloaking devices.

It seems that even MES 1 isn't too bad. At least gives you a chance to not be the first victim.
Yay! Thanks for the great news!
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-18-2010, 03:02 AM
"Following the outbreak of hostilities with the Dominion in late 2370, the Romulan Empire allowed the use of one of their own cloaks aboard the USS Defiant although this was originally limited to usage within the Gamma Quadrant. Captain Benjamin Sisko chose to ignore this limitation on occasion. In order to ensure that the cloak was used correctly, Subcommander T'Rul was assigned to the Defiant initially, during the ship's first mission with the cloak. In exchange, Starfleet had to provide all the intelligence it received on the Dominion. (DS9: "The Search, Part I", "The Search, Part II", "Visionary") "

"In 2311, with the signing of the Treaty of Algeron, the Federation explicitly agreed not to develop cloaking technology. The Bajoran Provisional Government also outlawed cloaking devices, stating that the possession of such a device is highly illegal. (TNG: "The Pegasus"; DS9: "Profit and Loss") "

(Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.)

With that note: We don't need cloaks. You can get plenty of Bridge officer abilities that will easily knock a BoP out of a cloak nearly instantly, as long as he's within range. As a Science Officer in a Recon Science Vessel, i have at least 3-4 different ways of doing so, and most of them work because i distinctly know the sound of a Cloaking Bird of Prey and immediately use one of my skills. Knocks them out of a Cloak, and causes the cooldown timer to start.

Don't whine and complain and threaten to stop paying Cryptic because you think something is unfair. Look at WoW's community forums. People like you did the exact same crap in WoW, and now look where it is: People laugh and mock and make fun of WoW all the time now.

(By you, i don't mean the people of this thread. My apologies if it felt directed that way. I meant the ones who whine and gripe and moan because they don't get what they want, like the 6-7 year old kids you see in Grocery Stores with their parents. This kind of crap is probably what led to the Galaxy X, and now even that POS is striking back against the whiners.)
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm for a Fed cloak, but only on the Defiant, and Galaxy-X. It should NOT be a common Fed ability. While you can argue that in the game universe there's no reason for the Federation not to have one, (no treaty with the Romulans against it) it still goes against the nature of the Federation. But since it's a time of war I can see a few Fed ships having it. So, I'm basically repeating myself. Yes for the Feds to have it, but in limited quantity. Besides, having cloaks is one of the things that makes the Klingons and Romulans "special" as villains.