Lt. Commander
# 11
07-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Bill Roper still owes me 200$ for my Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription. And I am not the only one around. You should not let this guy go out there and talk about successfull MMOs. That might bring up negative feelings within a lot of gaming communities...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
And why are you posting a link to this anti-gaming website? This is like a beer company running ads for Alcoholics Anonymous.
It is not an anti-gaming website. If it was Bill would not have been allowed to speak because he is obviously a gaming advocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaxx View Post
Bill Roper still owes me 200$ for my Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription. And I am not the only one around. You should not let this guy go out there and talk about successfull MMOs. That might bring up negative feelings within a lot of gaming communities...
Life time of the game, brah, not your lifetime. Contact the people who have the far East servers and see if they will honor your claim. HGL is actually still running but not in the West.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Why do we care about anything that Dollar Bill Roper has to say?

And why are you posting a link to this anti-gaming website? This is like a beer company running ads for Alcoholics Anonymous.

Just wow. You marketing geniuses never cease to amaze me.
Don't most alcohol commercials tell their demograph to "Please enjoy responsibly'? Just like anything, you can overindulge.

If you'd bothered to go to the web page, it's not ant-gaming; in fact, here's their mission statement:

Quote:
Mission:

The Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation improves the lives of families raising children and teens living with bipolar disorder and related conditions.
Your analogy above is poor at best, but almost patently wrong.

Video games, to my understanding, can make it easier to deal with bipolar disorder. The social interactions of MMOs are especially helpful because it's easy to socialize without too much investment. Hence Roper's interview.

He's also a nice guy in real life. Not that I agree with everything he's done in the gaming world (coughcoughFlagshipcough), but he's more than a two dimensioanl character twisting his mustache while sitting on piles of money bags.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Video game addiction? ...... sigh.

Aren't there bigger problems in the world to address.

The cotton wool police strike again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
"Roper has worked on tons of the most famous MMORPG's ever created. You can sample his current work at http://crypticstudios.com"

This had me spitting coffee all over my computer
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Can someone help me translate... I got confused with the English used here.... I thought it said CO and STO were successful....
There are not enough smiley faces that I can add to this response... so, here is just one.