Lt. Commander
Iíll preference this by saying Iím not big on PvP and Iíve heard about their short comings early on so I never bothered starting a Klingon character before.

At this point of STO Iíve leveled every combination of Federation characters available and wanted to try something different to keep my interest in the game.

To my my suprise:

The Klingon Tricorders does not point toward their missions objectives, even though the game-mechanics is readily available.
I had to abandon many Exploration missions because I spent way too time aimlessly looking around.

They have no Research & Development and there are practically no Anomalies to collect, even if itís just to mail them to their Federation counter parts.

There are only about 4 different ground & space exploration missions; couldnít some of the Federation Exploration missions simply be copied over to the Klingons?

Because of these huge imbalances and neglect it's very clear that STO is not a two faction MMO.

Are any of these and other Klingon issues addressed in Season 2, or should I just delete my Klingon character now?

The only thing that works very well on the Klingon side is theĒ C-StoreĒ.

There are plenty of Klingon items to be purchased there. I just hope there are enough players around to buy them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMan2k View Post
Imagine that...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 08:31 AM
*sigh*
Yes Klingons are unfinished.
Yes they are in because people clamored for them before launch.
Yes those same people are complaining because they are unfinished.
Yes this is partly because of production schedules and such.
Yes this is starting to be addressed now that resources are freeing up from other obligations.
Yes it will take time to get them to the same place the Federation are at.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I wonder how many people think Cryptic is 'way-over-their-head' now ?

I used to see these threads and say Oh my... things are getting bad ! .

I'm a bit de-sensitized nowadays....hell who am I kidding..... Very de-sensitized

nothing surprises me anymore with STO.

love that c-store...yup.

Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
welcome to the club

there are some improvements coming but at the moment its still limited

some pve missions, weekly missions in august and new high end missions that will be available to both factions. dabo and ships interiors but no tricorder, no crafting, only one high end ship, some new uniforms, more ships due later

id just hang fire on deleting the characters until next week as that is when season 2 is due but its not going to restore the balance just improve it a bit.

im sure the stuff you want will come eventually just not in season 2
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMan2k View Post
Iíll preference this by saying Iím not big on PvP and Iíve heard about their short comings early on so I never bothered starting a Klingon character before.

At this point of STO Iíve leveled every combination of Federation characters available and wanted to try something different to keep my interest in the game.

To my my suprise:

The Klingon Tricorders does not point toward their missions objectives, even though the game-mechanics is readily available.
I had to abandon many Exploration missions because I spent way too time aimlessly looking around.

They have no Research & Development and there are practically no Anomalies to collect, even if itís just to mail them to their Federation counter parts.

There are only about 4 different ground & space exploration missions; couldnít some of the Federation Exploration missions simply be copied over to the Klingons?

Because of these huge imbalances and neglect it's very clear that STO is not a two faction MMO.

Are any of these and other Klingon issues addressed in Season 2, or should I just delete my Klingon character now?

There are plenty of Klingon items to be purchased there. I just hope there are enough players around to buy them.
There's a lack of the kind of content we are used to on the Federation side, but being Klingon is about having a different style of gameplay experience I suppose, e.g. focusing on the PvP

Season 2 will add 8 new Klingon specific episodes and they also get to do the weekly Deferi episodes too, because those are factionless.

Without a research and development thing, they probably didn't see fit to add in anomalies for you to collect. Mailing them to your other selves is not exactly a good enough reason to put some in yet.

I'm mystified about the Tri-corders thing, but maybe they don't work because they want you to hunt like a Klingon lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
None of your concerns are addressed in Season 2.
Welcome to the awakening that STO is being run by a Small a developement team who haven't got the itme to broaden out any other faction than the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah I can only assume the tricorder thing is a result of the anomaly thing. Not sure why the Klingons didn't get mirrored on this other than, how many Klingon science missions have we seen in the past?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Gotta love the C-Store!
Full of content for a price.
Content developement time that should have been used expanding KDF content like ships.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Gotta love the C-Store!
Full of content for a price.
Content developement time that should have been used expanding KDF content like ships.
Ok I have to ask, why do you consider c-store stuff content? I would classify content more as missions rather than shiny baubles. And shiny baubles are developed by the art team for the most part, which have some impact on the missions, but considering the work of like captnlogan, I think shinys take alot less time to fiddle with.