Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 A joke for today
07-19-2010, 05:20 AM
An old prospector shuffled into town leading an old tired mule. The old

man headed straight for the only saloon to clear his parched throat. He

walked up and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he stood there,

brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger

stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey

inthe other.



The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old

man, have you ever danced?"



The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance

. . . never really wanted to."



A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old

fool, you're gonna dance now," and started shooting at the old man's

feet.



The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping

around like a flea on a hot skillet. Everybody was laughing, fit to be

tied.



When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still

laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the

saloon.



The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled

shotgun, and cocked both hammers. The loud clicks carried clearly

through the desert air. The crowd stopped laughing immediately. The

young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.

The silence was almost deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman

stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin

barrels.



The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he

quietly said, "Son, have you ever licked a mule's ass?"



The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir. But I've always wanted

to."


There are a few lessons for us all here:

Never be arrogant.

Don't waste ammunition.

Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.

Always, always make sure you know who has the power.

Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.


Remember, Life without laughter is not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-19-2010, 05:36 AM
You just earned yourself 2 cookies

1 for the joke

2: for the visdom of the point.

you will get a third if you can proove you found the visdom of your own, and not just throught copy/paste
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You just earned yourself 2 cookies

1 for the joke

2: for the visdom of the point.

you will get a third if you can proove you found the visdom of your own, and not just throught copy/paste
No to number 3. The joke was sent to me via email by a friend who is a quadraplegic. Typed the whole thing with a pencil in his mouth, which is how he runs his online company doing web pages for small local businesses. So the only lesson I learned on my own is that when life gives you lemons - make lemonade.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Making lemonade out of the lemons life gives you is difficult without life giving you water and sugar as well. Just sayin. Cool joke btw.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Making lemonade out of the lemons life gives you is difficult without life giving you water and sugar as well. Just sayin. Cool joke btw.
lol- never said it was good lemonaide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
No to number 3. The joke was sent to me via email by a friend who is a quadraplegic. Typed the whole thing with a pencil in his mouth, which is how he runs his online company doing web pages for small local businesses. So the only lesson I learned on my own is that when life gives you lemons - make lemonade.
This I need to read today...now if only I can figure out how to make the lemonade.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
This I need to read today...now if only I can figure out how to make the lemonade.
I like to carve mine into little people and them squish them in the hand-juicer, but I'm twisted that way.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.