Lt. Commander
# 101
07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Ci4nte, i doubt there will be only one event that will trigger the reward. more than likely It will be far easier to achieve the criteria than you seem to fear. If inclined, log in give it some gusto ad try out a few different missions uniforms ect. Unless you are dancing on Risa and chatting for 2 hours before leaving Tribble I am willing to bet you will get your tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 102
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
So a virtual item will be offered, to a community that seems to go crazy about virtual items, but the exact criteria to obtain this item won't be revealed.

What could possibly go wrong?

I understand the need to have folk actually testing things instead of idling around, but a few pointers wouldn't hurt.

For example, if the hidden criteria is to test mission content and level up, what about those who would rather their missions remain unspoiled until they hit live? Likewise, what about those whose characters won't be of high enough level to test the 46+ content in the first place?

It's all supposition and guesswork here. So yeah, standard Cryptic operating procedure.
Lt. Commander
# 103
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I've tried copying my character to Tribble several times this week and it's been getting the "server not responding" error when trying to login to it. I guess I can just create a new character there and play. Would that suffice?
Lt. Commander
# 104
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Is there a final word on a character wipe before the weekend?
Lt. Commander
# 105
07-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Tribble test server character wipe was cancelled. Says so on the season 2 schedule thread.
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonsu02 View Post
I've tried copying my character to Tribble several times this week and it's been getting the "server not responding" error when trying to login to it. I guess I can just create a new character there and play. Would that suffice?
For some of the content that may even work out better. Although you may want to run a Fed and a Klingon up to at least Lt. 7-10 to make sure that you get some of the mission content.
Lt. Commander
# 107
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm really willing to bet it's just a two hour timer and that this move is intentionally making people want to test a lot of stuff in case the requirements are "load every changed polygon and spend five minutes looking at it." even though it would never be that.
Lt. Commander
# 108
07-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I would assume that he isn't telling since the tribble weekend before , people just logged in and went afk, coming back just to move their mouse just to keep from being logged out. i saw dozens of toons just standing in the same place and never moving that weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 109
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonsu02 View Post

Nevermind. I just tried again and it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 110
07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
I wonder if these requirements will be limited to just the new content. I was actually planning on starting a new character from scratch on tribble for the weekend, just because I know most will be playing with the higher end content, and it would be nice to find out if any of the new features in game had somehow broken some lower level mission or element.
It would be frustrating, to say the least, if I were to go through all that trouble and not get a tribble (Ha! See what I did there? I kill me.) just because my efforts weren't in the officially approved area.