Lt. Commander
# 11
07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Really enjoyed watching the movie. Saw a trailer for it a while back and knew I wanted to see it then and there.

As for the ending my interpretation;

Whilst the end is completely open to interpritation, one thing that my friend and I noticed, was in the final scene, his children were wearing the exact same clothes as the clothes seen in His dreams. Now, this could be coincidence, but it would suggest that he was still trapped in his own world.

Not that this makes a major difference, Cobb was willing to accept his children whatever the reality. Still really enjoyed it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Really enjoyed watching the movie. Saw a trailer for it a while back and knew I wanted to see it then and there.

As for the ending my interpretation;

Whilst the end is completely open to interpritation, one thing that my friend and I noticed, was in the final scene, his children were wearing the exact same clothes as the clothes seen in His dreams. Now, this could be coincidence, but it would suggest that he was still trapped in his own world.

Not that this makes a major difference, Cobb was willing to accept his children whatever the reality. Still really enjoyed it.
I think this is to keep the tension on whether Cobb will be able to see their faces, i.e. whether its real, until the very last moment.

I largely agree with Darren_Kitlor's interpretation, though I'm not sure if Cobb is necessarily letting go of Mal or of his guilt, but that is just realises that he needs to choose one world over the other to be his 'reality', and he's already had 50 years of the dream world with Mal.

I think Cobb himself has been takon over by the idea that nothing is real, and iis only hanging onto reality by the finest thread. His desperate attachment to the top seems to demonstrate that.

Either way, its a phenomenal movie. Will be counting the nanoseconds until I can get iit on Blu-ray.