Lt. Commander
Hi.
I just had a Ground PvP with my KDF BG5.
The game began with 4 KDF and 3 Starfleet.
KDF went into an early lead with advantage of numbers.
At this point a Starfleet player refused to re-spawn but remained in game.
I cordially asked for his reasoning but the user didn't reply just with occassion verbal abuse.
So i sat down and withdrew from the game and told Starfleet the numbers were back to 3v3.
Unfortunately the obstinate Starfleet player yet again refused to re-spawn even though he was posting in the chat occassionally.
Then another KDF player sat down to enable the game to proceed on a fair basis of 2v2.
I've seen this type of incident many times from both sides.

My suggestion is introduce automatic re-spawn after the time countdown.
IF they then decide to logout this opens another slot in the game for somebody who wants to play!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Hi.
I just had a Ground PvP with my KDF BG5.
The game began with 4 KDF and 3 Starfleet.
KDF went into an early lead with advantage of numbers.
At this point a Starfleet player refused to re-spawn but remained in game.
I cordially asked for his reasoning but the user didn't reply just with occassion verbal abuse.
So i sat down and withdrew from the game and told Starfleet the numbers were back to 3v3.
Unfortunately the obstinate Starfleet player yet again refused to re-spawn even though he was posting in the chat occassionally.
Then another KDF player sat down to enable the game to proceed on a fair basis of 2v2.
I've seen this type of incident many times from both sides.

My suggestion is introduce automatic re-spawn after the time countdown.
IF they then decide to logout this opens another slot in the game for somebody who wants to play!
Thsi works is the respawn points stay random. Otherwise you get spawn campers and griefing. I have been the one person team before where there were 4 or even 5 on the other team. I just play it out and am a good sport about it. I have been in the reverse role as well. You can't help feel a little empathy for the guy who is trying to take on greater numbers. It's a losing battle but purposely sitting out of the queue to pout is ridiculous.

We had this happen where it was 3 to 2 and then suddenly it was just us on the map. We were playing Klingons at Lt. Commander level. It stuck us on the map ... I think they logged out. So we were stuck on the mao for hours. Logging and relogging didn't help. I even tried switching characters and factions and submitted a ticket. Eventually were all able to get off of the map. Something definitely needs be done about this though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I've seen this happen a handful of times. I have only seen Fed players "refuse to fight" but this is coming from a KDF perspective so I can't say I've fought against many other Klingons.

It sucks, but there's really nothing you can do about it. Some people are just jerks.