Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2010, 02:59 PM
I also approve of the Career Ship idea. I don't want to have to ditch my Galaxy for a better ship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Turrets come in all flavors and can be used by all captains...please visit the exchange.

Dang, I blew it...have engineer skippers with turrets too. I noticed that my Klingon engineer captain builds a Phaser turret instead of a disruptor turret, while Romulan engineers can build disruptor turrets.

Career ship - so when would you receive your ship? Once you've obtain RA / VA? Or right out training when everyone else is in a Miranda? Can you picture a LT commanding a Galaxy or even a Defiant Refit? Where would be your incentive to "rank up" if you already skippered the only ship you wanted? Just stay at LT for your career tooling around ESD in your Runabout?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown-210 View Post

uh,... are you talking about ground turrets? I have a Gorn engineer, the only turrets I can use are Phaser turrets. (unless I'm missing something...)
Nope, we're talkin space abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign
Nope, we're talkin space abilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Dang, I blew it...have engineer skippers with turrets too. I noticed that my Klingon engineer captain builds a Phaser turret instead of a disruptor turret, while Romulan engineers can build disruptor turrets.

Thats what I'm trying to say, it's nice that fed engineers makes phaser turrets, but why are Klingon engineers making phaser turrets to? Klingons should make Disruptor turrets, or at the least, let us choose if we what to spawn phaser or disruptor, beam or bolt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Career ship - so when would you receive your ship? Once you've obtain RA / VA? Or right out training when everyone else is in a Miranda? Can you picture a LT commanding a Galaxy or even a Defiant Refit? Where would be your incentive to "rank up" if you already skippered the only ship you wanted? Just stay at LT for your career tooling around ESD in your Runabout?
You won't get your "Career Ship" right out of gate, unless your Career ship is the Miranda, then you'll have a small advantage short term and rank up with it (with updates to hull, shields, etc). If your Career ship is a Galaxy or Defiant, you'll have to rank up to get the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallyInspired View Post
I also approve of the Career Ship idea. I don't want to have to ditch my Galaxy for a better ship.
"Ditch your Galaxy?" There are, or will be three varients to the Galaxy!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
"Ditch your Galaxy?" There are, or will be three varients to the Galaxy!
huh? Are you talking about the new "t 5.5" Galaxy?

1.) Its only available to VA1s, when the max cap goes up, the ship won't.

2.) It only has one Variant.