Lt. Commander
# 71
07-21-2010, 08:56 AM
I'd like to see how DDO and LOTRO do in the long term first, see if they can keep their profits up and consistant. I'd also like to see some proof of STO's success or failure before i'd worry about payment changes, for all i know the game is going great and they're just milking us for all we're willing to pay.

Anyways CO makes a nice canary for us miners. It'll die out and be a candidate or payment plan changes long before STO does, i won't bother worrying until that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 72
07-23-2010, 06:40 PM
lets start F2P and check the different
Lt. Commander
# 73
07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
If it ever goes Free to Play before my Lifetime sub pays for itself (that is before 20 months from launch is up), I would definitely want to be compensated for the extra that I paid over non life subs.
If it does go F2P, lifers will probably just get all the C-store stuff for free, or get a certain number of points each month. Fine by me if it gets more people playing.
Lt. Commander
# 74 F2P ruins MMO's
07-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Free to Play will ruin this game. you think its under developed now, wait to see what developing would be like as Free to Play.
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
Free to Play will ruin this game. you think its under developed now, wait to see what developing would be like as Free to Play.
The model being "considered" is not a pure F2P model, it is a hybrid that STILL has a monthly sub option. What this means is that you can either pay a monthly sub to get access to all of the games content(you know, like your ALREADY doing) or you can buy it in pieces. If STO adopts this model then it changes absolutely NOTHING for the existing players, as they can continue to pay the monthly sub and get access to all content. If you are a lifer like myself, then that means we STILL have access to all content for life without having to pay the monthly sub. NOTHING WILL CHANGE if STO adopts this model except for the fact that there will be more people trying and playing the game which will mean more money to fund development of new content.
Lt. Commander
# 76
07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Spoken like yet another person who doesnt understand what their talking about:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...91#post2876791
Impressive post, back to yourself you gold pressed latinum genius!