Lt. Commander
In open beta we were able to beam Klingons to our bridge and they could kill our Boffs and Us, and we were able to kill them.

SOOO

How about we stop restraining them to just their system but if we run into them in Sector space they can attempt to take over our ship and vice versa.

Basically when we catch up to them, IF we can catch up to them we can right click on them and say hostile take over.

At this time both sides get beamed into the ship being attacked, and they duke it out, The offending Captain and his Boffs against the Defending ship and his Boffs plus the odd Bridge NPC that happens to be there.

If the Attacker looses then he gets damage as if he was set on elite on the difficulty Slider.

If attacker wins then he gets a Emblem or two to use towards gear.

AND

If the defender wins they gain badges to use for gear but also get some Credits from their Government.

If the Defender looses they just get put back in sector space where they started but get a debuff of some sort for 1 minute that makes them travel in sector space slower then normal because there ship would have damage. (But are immune to more attacks while debuff is up)

This is just a rough Idea that would open up more places for both sides to go for more content, but also not cause serious balance issues in the game.

Then Klingons would be able to travel to safe places like DS9 where they cant be attacked but can get a chance to enjoy it.

Feds would finally get to go see places like Rura'penta

AND

We would finally see some actual war between Klingons and Feds.

But make it that if we do a regular friendly invite to the bridge they can still visit unharmed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
why not just stop restraining have a pvp toggle on /off and whenever u want toggle it on and fight each other anywhere in any place D; like WaR cept pvp queue cuz of course thats to fight , warzone toggle would help for the griefers who go both side and just camp spawn points or wait for people to just gank them and stuff
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Why not have a system like WoW's where you challenge someone to a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
OMG! I LOVE IT!!!

*waves hands in air frantically trying to get the Devs' attention*
LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND IMPLEMENT IT!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
This should be in the PvP forums below.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
This should be in the PvP forums below.
Eh, I can't move my own threads but, I did post a version there too.

But since it dealt with sector space I decided it should go somewhere where it can get seen by alot of people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modemfox
Eh, I can't move my own threads but, I did post a version there too.

But since it dealt with sector space I decided it should go somewhere where it can get seen by alot of people.
Probably might be a good idea to not admit that you are cross posting threads. But that is just me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modemfox View Post
In open beta we were able to beam Klingons to our bridge and they could kill our Boffs and Us, and we were able to kill them.

SOOO

How about we stop restraining them to just their system but if we run into them in Sector space they can attempt to take over our ship and vice versa.

Basically when we catch up to them, IF we can catch up to them we can right click on them and say hostile take over.

At this time both sides get beamed into the ship being attacked, and they duke it out, The offending Captain and his Boffs against the Defending ship and his Boffs plus the odd Bridge NPC that happens to be there.

If the Attacker looses then he gets damage as if he was set on elite on the difficulty Slider.

If attacker wins then he gets a Emblem or two to use towards gear.

AND

If the defender wins they gain badges to use for gear but also get some Credits from their Government.

If the Defender looses they just get put back in sector space where they started but get a debuff of some sort for 1 minute that makes them travel in sector space slower then normal because there ship would have damage. (But are immune to more attacks while debuff is up)

This is just a rough Idea that would open up more places for both sides to go for more content, but also not cause serious balance issues in the game.

Then Klingons would be able to travel to safe places like DS9 where they cant be attacked but can get a chance to enjoy it.

Feds would finally get to go see places like Rura'penta

AND

We would finally see some actual war between Klingons and Feds.

But make it that if we do a regular friendly invite to the bridge they can still visit unharmed.
Great idea except there is currently a war brewing between the federation and Klingons so why would Klingons be allowed on federation stations or viceversa but I like the idea of boarding a rival ship with my away team vs the other players.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Great idea except there is currently a war brewing between the federation and Klingons so why would Klingons be allowed on federation stations or viceversa but I like the idea of boarding a rival ship with my away team vs the other players.
DS9 is technically a bajoran Space Station, and they aren't usually looking for a fight.