Lt. Commander
# 61
07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
Yeah... I didn't come to play Star Trek Online just to come play in a completely different world from the one I grew up with.

I came to this game to live in the Star Trek Universe.. I want to visit Starfleet Academy, Earth Space Dock, Deep Space Nine, etc... not as a new artist decided to re-imagine it as, but as it was in the show.
So I have to ask, does that mean that nothing is allowed to change or evolve at all? Design concepts change and are updated all the time. Sure they are still apparently using Deepspace K-7 still, but that doesn't mean other facilities couldn't update with the times. The same goes for starship designs. Since the Constitution forward we have seen a trend that has culminated with saucers becoming more wedges, just as an example.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
That is the default federation starbase concept art we used to create our starbases and you do see these throughout the game.

It was an art decision to create something different and new for earth spacedock.

I'd personally like to see a slightly different take on it since I'm still in love with this:

dStahl's favorite Fed Station Design
Especially if we could dock in it. Cause I'd be the tech you just developed for saucer seperation and rejoining would work just fine with a ship and a docking port in the starbase. /cough /cough
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
That is the default federation starbase concept art we used to create our starbases and you do see these throughout the game.

It was an art decision to create something different and new for earth spacedock.

I'd personally like to see a slightly different take on it since I'm still in love with this:

That sir is my fav to,so what say we turn our backs and let a little something happen to the old one
Give the new one a big main door mini game optionfor docking

Could be just a pipe dream, but I would love to see places evolve and open up. I'll never see paris in real life but hope I'll see it in STO lol. All I'm saying is really with certain demands and with the know how you posess skys the limit kid.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:

Yeah. That's Earth Space Dock.

The Starbase that was in orbit of earth in TNG and DS9....not gonna lie, I was assuming that would be in STO.

I don't see why a "new" one was needed....change for the sake of change doesn't make sense
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
No, thats ESD. THIS is McKinley station.

Since ESD got a facelift, and judging the station is holding a geostationary position over North America, there is a good bet that the Cylon Basestar floating next to the new ESD, is a the new McKinley Station.

Someday I honestly like to beam there.
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought Earth Starbase was supposed to be based on the Orbital Office Complex from TMP? I mean, it looks similar..

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Orbital_office_complex

But I totally agree with the idea of having a live event where it could be destroyed and collectively craft the new, better looking Starbase. That would be amazingly fun.
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRaven View Post
But I totally agree with the idea of having a live event where it could be destroyed and collectively craft the new, better looking Starbase. That would be amazingly fun.
This would be amazing! I'd love some kind of Fed vs. Klingon Open PvP event where Starbase is destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Be like the reverse of Starbase 24s Fleet Action.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
That's my fave too, also the Earth Starbase ingame is too small for me, I was expecting something massive, could we have mammoth starbases in future.
Yah I don't have a problem with the style I just want my galaxy to be able to fly into it.
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:

Same, too bad it won't be reworked... meh...