Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-04-2010, 05:58 PM
ok.. tha,nks for the explanation

what a crappy macro system
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Any keybinds for easy power settings switching?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Any keybinds for easy power settings switching?
They've added them to the UI now - check the Key Binds tab in the Options menu.

If you want to do it manually though....:
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
They've added them to the UI now - check the Key Binds tab in the Options menu.

If you want to do it manually though....:
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3
thanks, was compiling a list of keybinds and I couldn't find this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Is it possible to delay a command within a key bind so it goes off iether last or several seconds later upon execution of the key command?

ANd are Keybinds universal? Meaning if in place do they affect all characters regardless of faction?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Is it possible to delay a command within a key bind so it goes off iether last or several seconds later upon execution of the key command?

ANd are Keybinds universal? Meaning if in place do they affect all characters regardless of faction?
To the first, no. There is no "delay" command in the bind syntax.

As for the binds and characters, it's character specific and ground/space specific. Due to that I usually save bind files around for each character and ship type. So an engineer cruiser loadout, a carrier loadout, an escort loadout, etc. And if I swap ships I just arrange my powers appropriately and just reload the correct bind file.

These are the 2 commands for that. By default they go to your install directory unless you put a full path to the file. The advantage of bind files is you can edit them outside of game as well to tweak them.

/bind_save_file <filename>
/bind_load_file <filename>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27 /facepalm
07-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I made a thread asking a question about binding in a different forum but maybe this was the better thread. Soooo, here it goes:

I don't want to have to use the mouse to look around in space combat. I'd like to know if there is a way to bind panning left and right (at least) to the left and right arrow keys. I know it's doable in ground combat but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it happen in space.

As it is now, when I use the Chase Camera (which really only works with my BoP) I constantly out turn it because it's so slow. This would be tremendously helpful to me if anyone has any ideas.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
As for the binds and characters, it's character specific and ground/space specific. Due to that I usually save bind files around for each character and ship type. So an engineer cruiser loadout, a carrier loadout, an escort loadout, etc. And if I swap ships I just arrange my powers appropriately and just reload the correct bind file.

These are the 2 commands for that. By default they go to your install directory unless you put a full path to the file. The advantage of bind files is you can edit them outside of game as well to tweak them.

/bind_save_file <filename>
/bind_load_file <filename>
Ah, I don't have a huge amount of Keybinding experience so I didn't use the bind command structure. I'll do more research into them. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I made a thread asking a question about binding in a different forum but maybe this was the better thread. Soooo, here it goes:

I don't want to have to use the mouse to look around in space combat. I'd like to know if there is a way to bind panning left and right (at least) to the left and right arrow keys. I know it's doable in ground combat but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it happen in space.

As it is now, when I use the Chase Camera (which really only works with my BoP) I constantly out turn it because it's so slow. This would be tremendously helpful to me if anyone has any ideas.
I looked at the post I use as a reference for available bind commands ( http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=66110 ) and I don't see anything for that. These were the camera related ones available. I thought the "CamTurnToFace" might be it, but it isn't.

Reset Camera Home , /CamReset
Cycle Camera Distance Joy4 , /CamCycleDist
Enable Mouse Look Right Drag , /+CamMouseLook
Toggle Mouse Look , /++CamMouseLook
Enable Camera Rotation , /+CamRotate
Toggle Camera Rotation , /++CamRotate
Zoom Out Slow , /AdjustCamDistance -5
Zoom In Slow , /AdjustCamDistance 5
Zoom Out medium Mouse Scroll Up , /AdjustCamDistance -15
Zoom In Medium Mouse Scroll Down , /AdjustCamDistance 15
Zoom Out Fast Page Down , /AdjustCamDistance -50
Camera Turn-To-Face Left + Right Click , /+CamTurnToFace
Camera Target Lock X , /CamToggleSTOTargetLock
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Ah, I don't have a huge amount of Keybinding experience so I didn't use the bind command structure. I'll do more research into them. Thanks.
Yeah, just be aware that when you do it with a bind file, there's no /bind on each line. So for example, here's my bindfile for my cruiser, named cruiser_tribble.txt:

Quote:
Insert "++ShowGameUI"
Home "screenshot_ui_jpg"
Pageup "bind_load_file cruiser_tribble.txt"
Rightclick "++CamMouseLook"
Button4 "+TrayExecByTray 2 6 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll"
button5 "pvpreport"
space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9"

t team TARGET: $target
g assist

2 "+TrayExecByTray 0 1 "
3 "+TrayExecByTray 1 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 2 "
4 "+TrayExecByTray 0 3"
alt+1 "+TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 0 "
alt+2 "+TrayExecByTray 1 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 1"
alt+3 "+TrayExecByTray 1 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 2"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.