Lt. Commander
# 11
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
If I may offer a hypothesis. Since we would still be required to have our account active for the remainder of the time we paid I would assume we would be required to remain active for a lifetime unless we call billing and demand they cancel it
Wow, I feel a tad bit dumb now, lol. Yeah, I guess that would be the case.

(I'd still like to have it officially confirmed, though. Like I said, I've been wrong when I assumed things about STO and/or Cryptic before.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
That's messed up...If there is a change in the official billing, or I change my credit card number for some reason it cancels out my subscription? What kind of stuff is that? If I have to change my credit card information and you cancel out my subscription, that is not cricket....

Come to think of it, is it even legal in all 50 states? Wouldn't this type of change have to be in the liscensing agreement or terms and conditions of the game? Shouldn't I be allowed to see such changes to billing practices in writing?

I would like to know if I change my credit card information, anotherwards use a different card (because the other one is not used anymore, orthe old one is lost, etc) and delete the old credit card information, it will cancel out my subscription? Is there even a way to put more than one credit card number on the account without cancelling out the subscription?

I want clarification to your statement, and an answer to my question. I await your response.

Thanks.
Yes it's legal. If you change the card number it is already YOUR responsibility to make sure that EVERYONE who has auto payments set to that card get the new card info. It's also legal (and common) for businesses to require that all your payments be made from the same account. My insurance (Car, life, home etc) for example works that way.

You just did see it in writing. That's how you knew to respond.

Besides, since you don't automatically lose any billed time (per the OP), you can just put in a new number before the time is up and never see a glitch in service.

I agree that the LTS shouldn't be affected, and I'm sure it won;t be. But, it's always nice to make sure someone thought of that first.

Thanks for the info StormShade. I know you are all working hard and most of us <3 you guys. Those that are mean to you I don't want to play with anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Huh?
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
What customer's would actually request this?!
Lt. Commander
# 14 typical
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
i love it they make these half asre announcements talking about how customers wanted it yet i haven't seen a thread or major poll about this and then they run away never to be seen again once this announcement is made. why don't u just close your doors now as you are really starting to become ignorant to your customers and constantly using that "customer ask for it " line way to much to justify what your company wants to do on its own.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Well, in general. I'm getting tired of the lack of responsed once some thing is posted, they seem to never reply or for that matter have the foresite to be consice. If you're not going to reply to questions you did not address in the OP........
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
i love it they make these half asre announcements talking about how customers wanted it yet i haven't seen a thread or major poll about this and then they run away never to be seen again once this announcement is made. why don't u just close your doors now as you are really starting to become ignorant to your customers and constantly using that "customer ask for it " line way to much to justify what your company wants to do on its own.
You should read some of the billing issue threads, both here on the STO forum, and on the Champions Online forum, where people removed their credit card info; but because of the way the Cryptic system used to work, unless you ALSO clicked 'cancel subscription' - the database retained and charged the card EVEN after the info was removed. There were A LOT of people wondering why, if a person removed his/her credit card info, they were still being charged (and the MMO industry standard is - once you remove your CC info, it's taken from the database, and the game will auto-cancel your subscription at that point as it has no method of payment on file.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I was wondering what this week's Friday Night Suprise would be. And this one is indeed a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofeight
What customer's would actually request this?!
I would highly expect the request came from the billing department, as they like their monies, and are more likely to get monies from accounts with cards on file from which to automatically renew subscriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBlood
Well, in general. I'm getting tired of the lack of responsed once some thing is posted, they seem to never reply or for that matter have the foresite to be consice. If you're not going to reply to questions you did not address in the OP........
Your post came a whopping 90 minutes after the OP. Plus his post was at 6pm...which is likely also the end of a weekday. Jeez.

These guys respond a LOT. Way more than any other company/game I've seen. They are ridiculed for NOT responding, then when they DO respond someone ridicules them for spending too much time on the forums and not actually DEVing. They can't be trolling the forums 24/7 just itching to respond to EVERY question seconds after its posted. Good grief, they're people, with jobs, lives and families, and they do have a game to run...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post
Your post came a whopping 90 minutes after the OP. Plus his post was at 6pm...which is likely also the end of a weekday. Jeez.

These guys respond a LOT. Way more than any other company/game I've seen. They are ridiculed for NOT responding, then when they DO respond someone ridicules them for spending too much time on the forums and not actually DEVing. They can't be trolling the forums 24/7 just itching to respond to EVERY question seconds after its posted. Good grief, they're people, with jobs, lives and families, and they do have a game to run...
It seems to me they put this news out after everybody has gotten off from work, and can have the weekend to do nothing and let us fume about it...or perhaps get feedback from it...who knows.

What I do know is that if I (god forbid) have to change cards...I am not setup for auto-renew...I believe that I should be able to keep the account...All I would be doing is transferring it from one card to another....yea....figures...

Still, I do want my question answered by someone responsible for the decision in the first place...
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Wow, I feel a tad bit dumb now, lol. Yeah, I guess that would be the case.

(I'd still like to have it officially confirmed, though. Like I said, I've been wrong when I assumed things about STO and/or Cryptic before.)
Hmm you may be onto something here. =) But official clarification would be good.
Closed Thread