Lt. Commander
# 1 Newb Veteran Question
07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm an RA5 on the Fed side. While I wait for Season 2 to launch I decided to start a Klingon character.

What, if anything, can I transfer between the the two characters and how do I go about that?

Also, is there an easy way to copy-paste my settings and key-binds?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Yes...No...Maybe...

I'll even take a ****ed off "Use the search box" with a link to the thread answering my question.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I did with my klink send to my fed toon, so yes you should be able to still

Just mail it to your other character
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2010, 12:56 AM
As Ankah said, you can mail items to your own characters. That works across factions.

While you can mail bridge officers between Fed and Klingon sides, though, you can't actually use a Fed BO on a Klingon character, or vice-versa.

Stuff like gear and consumable items are fine, though.

As for loading and saving keybind files, you have several options.

/bind_save -- Save entity keybinds to ent_keybinds.txt.
/bind_save_file <filename> -- Save entity keybinds to the given path/filename

/bind_load -- Load entity keybinds from ent_keybinds.txt.
/bind_load_file <filename> -- Load entity keybinds from the given path/filename

Note that these commands take full paths, which allows you to place the keybind files elsewhere - eg. /bind_load_file c:\stobinds\captain\am2.txt

I have not experimented with the following commands, but from context I'd assume they only allow you to load and save keybind files locally from the STO folders.

/bind_local_save -- Save keybinds to keybinds.txt.
/bind_local_save_file <filename> -- Save keybinds to the given <filename>.

/bind_local_load -- Load keybinds from keybinds.txt.
/bind_local_load_file <filename>-- Load keybinds from the given <filename>.

Do also note you will probably have to load and save separately for ground and space regions - load your ground keybinds when on the ground, and load your space keybinds when in space.

It's probably obvious from context, but the keybinds are saved as text files, so you can manually edit them with a text editor if you're familiar with STO console commands. Here's a google spreadsheet of console commands.

IIRC for binding purposes within the text files, you'd want to drop the slashes. You only need those when punching them manually into the text entry in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acylion
As Ankah said, you can mail items to your own characters. That works across factions.
Thank you very much. This was extremely helpful. I am sitting on nearly 2 mill credits on the fed side and wanted to give my Klingon a leg-up if I could.