Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Borrowed the idea from Mass Effect 2, so forgive me if it might sound a bit cheap but...

A mission, or perhaps even a full episode, that brings us to the crash site of Enterprise-D would be a cool addition to the game I think.

Possible plots might involve
- Vsiting the place to scan for, and/or contain dangerous fallout by using the omni-potent F key (preferably done at a low-ish lvl, Starfleet HQ probably wouldn't send a star cruiser on this)
- Crash survivors and family members of the fallen gather for a memorial ceremony. Your job is to A: represent Starfleet, and B: protect this from the Big Bad. Then, something Completely Unexpected happens... (could be done at higher lvl, this is an important occation and high profile representation from Starflet is expected. And since your tier 5 ship is already starting to build a legend of it's own, and already conviniently in the area...)

I'm sure you all can come up with more and/or better. Feel free to share. This is after all intended to explore ideas to improve the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
But, but, but the Shatnerverse novel said that the Enterprise-D had been completely removed from that planet and all trace of the crash removed, so as to prevent Veridian IV's inhabitants from being made aware of alien life forms too early.

So having a ceremony there would be counterproductive.

And we all know what a canonical source of Trek information the Shatnerverse is...

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't think there were any 'fallen' to remember from the crash landing. Even Spot survived.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
I love the Idea, but I have to agree, it's kinda late in the time line, does not STO take place Thirty years ofter Nemisis? Then also how many years passed by on First Contact to Nemisis? Surely that time alone the crash site would be cleared and almost unnoticeable....but this is star trek, maybe STO can have the NEXIS ribbion, Q, or some other way to revisit moments of our favorite cannon lore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I think after they got what they could from the "D" they destroyed what remained of the saucer from space. But I think the HUGE landing strip the Enterprise D made would still be there, maybe some vegetation might be there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
I don't think there were any 'fallen' to remember from the crash landing. Even Spot survived.
Picard's fish died, the Aquarium shattered. We go to remember their brave, brave sacrifice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Easiest way to justify going back to that planet is having the Nexus return.

It supposedly comes back every X amount of years and STO is due for a visit as I recall. Since it apparantly seems to have an orbit that keeps bringing it back... it could easily end up going back via where the E-D fell.

As for the E-D. Wouldnt be that hard to say a memorial was left behind to mark the spot of either the E-D or even Kirk's grave. Best situation: Have the race they were trying to protect become a warp-race and begin a REAL First Contact mission. The ones we get currently arent First Contacts... more like 'Second Contacts'
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myopic_Aardvark View Post
But, but, but the Shatnerverse novel said that the Enterprise-D had been completely removed from that planet and all trace of the crash removed, so as to prevent Veridian IV's inhabitants from being made aware of alien life forms too early.

So having a ceremony there would be counterproductive.

And we all know what a canonical source of Trek information the Shatnerverse is...

You mean the Shatnerverse where Kirk was resurrected (again), and defeated the almighty Borg by literally, honest to god 100% literally, flipping a switch?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
You mean the Shatnerverse where Kirk was resurrected (again), and defeated the almighty Borg by literally, honest to god 100% literally, flipping a switch?
I still have that novel around somewhere, I remember the Star Trek Away Team and the cloaking ship he introduced I think.

Cant really knock him for the flipping a switch thing though, afterall this was WELL before First Contact or Voyager had established some more Borg lore. Additionally, he tied in V'ger into the situation as most fanfictions seem to think V'ger = Borg thus it was stupid in HINDSIGHT.

This is a prime reason of why only taking what is actual canon on screen is a good idea. 'Soft canon' is entirely vulnerable to being over-written and made to look stupid. Or simply be the means for biased writers to get their own 'fiction'

In this case Shatnar stroking his own ego with Kirk fantasies.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2010, 05:44 PM
The Nexus should be in the neighborhood in a few years according to timelines.